Honored Contributor

How often do you change your mind?

If you make a decision is it once you've gathered all the facts or are you quick to decide?

Do you stick with your decision, or change your mind?

My decisions can be 50/50 if new information comes along to make me rethink something. I don't always want to decide right away, some things need to be pondered.

How about you?

Trusted Contributor

Re: How often do you change your mind?

It depends on the situation.

There are some circumstances in which decisions are easy for me to make-- The answer comes from my gut.  I rarely, if ever, change my mind.

However, I find that I have the most difficulty in making up my mind when it comes to ridiculous things.  Sometimes something as simple as picking out a new top or a pair of shoes can have me agonizing for long periods of time.  Crazy, but true!

Honored Contributor

Constantly, unless I'm in a mood! Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

If it's a big decision, I do my homework.  Had septic problems and they told me $4,000 to fix.  I said no, went inside and made about 17 calls until I found someone to do it for $650.  When I bought a car years ago, I waited 24 hours before signing the papers to make sure I was doing the right thing.  Same with my Medicare - the agent tried to get me to sign up when I found a good plan, but I told them no, I had to do my research - then once I make my decision, I feel good about it and don't over think it.  I also go with my gut feelings,they have never failed me.

Honored Contributor

I rely on intuition.    If I feel something is "right", I go with it.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too often, especially when making plans.  When family says "but I thought you said" I generally come back with "I changed my mind".

Honored Contributor

I was going to post on this thread, but then I decided against it. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty decisive in fact people who dither make me crazy. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I change my mind alot. When it comes to big decisions, I try to get all the facts and go with my gut, but I always try to give myself time.

On small things, I drive myself nuts changing my mind sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

If you make a decision is it once you've gathered all the facts or are you quick to decide?

Do you stick with your decision, or change your mind?

My decisions can be 50/50 if new information comes along to make me rethink something. I don't always want to decide right away, some things need to be pondered.

How about you?

It totally depends on the situation, as I think it should for anyone. I don't decide what to eat for dinner or which car to buy in the same way because those are not equal decisions.