Honored Contributor

How much are sports a part of your life?

[ Edited ]

No kids to take to games for us, or go see, but my DH likes to watch the Lions & Tigers and golf and hockey on t.v. As a teen basketball games for school were an event for me. I used to love those, I even played, with old rules that are in the attic now.

So I just got to wondering how much sports are a part of your life?

Honored Contributor

Re: How much are sports a part of your life?

We have no kids to take to games either.  And neither of us are in good shape to play anything -- sadly.  But DH is a sports freak.  He loves to watch football, hockey, basketball, golf--- you name it.  His absolute favorite is baseball.  Me -- not so much.  But I try to be a good "sport" about it!  Smiley Wink

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I am a huge baseball fan, next is football and rounding out my top three is tennis.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

My parents had the weird "theory" that exercise was BAD for you...........I am a real klutz (but I lift weights)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Zero for me!  My husband watches baseball in the summer but that is it...

Super Contributor

LESS AND LESS AND LESS

The college kids and the professionals, their criminal records, the illegal drugs :-(

Look at your cable bill....THANK ESPN and other sports channels for the costs :-(

There used to be  a word called "amateur"

Amateur definition, a person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or professional reasons.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We love sports in our house, especially anything with the University of Tennessee & Peyton Manning.  Football is our main forte.  Come fall we don't miss a home game in Knoxville & will attend a few away games this coming season. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Huge -- I love sports!!  I was Daddy's little girl.  He took me to the Jets and Mets games till I became a Giants and Yankees fan, so he switched and took me to those. Later in life my son did the whole black belt tae kwon do thing, plus football and basketball.  I travelled up and down the entire east coast for his basketball tournaments and scouting events.  Actually, he was an average basketballer, but I wouldn't trade that time we spent together for the world! For me today, love, love, love college and NFL football, and still love Yankee baseball (but I have no interest watching any other baseball teams - lol).  Only like college basketball, not NBA at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hate Sports ..... playing them or watching them.

Honored Contributor

Never played sports as a kid.

Enjoyed going to my kid's sporting events.

Don't support professional sports and the criminals they employ. College isn't far behind.