Respected Contributor

Re: How much are sports a part of your life?

None.  Zip. Nada. Zilch.

Honored Contributor

My father played semi pro baseball a long time ago before he and my mother married. I grew up with sports, on tv and going to the games with my dad.  I played softball, basketball, and volleyball.  My daughter played soccer.  

We like to follow the Warriors, Niners and Giants.  We make a party day out of the Super Bowl.

Kids should be involved in sports, imo.  It is a platform for learning to keep active and keep fit.  It is also a good way to learn to be part of a team.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

In my later teen years and through my 20s I played a fair amount of tennis. 

Don't play tennis anymore.  Love trail riding but haven't done much of that since before New Years due to busy schedule and a bad cold that seems to be holding on.

Hey kalli,

Keep on ridin'.  Been awhile since I checked with my sis. Last time we talked,  she was still saddling up.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Into baseball as a child because my father was an avid Brooklyn Dodger fan.  I also liked hockey for a while when the Broad Street Bullies (Philly Flyers) were riding high.

Always hated football.  Hate the game and the hype.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Zero for me.

Honored Contributor

Not at all.  My grandchildren are involved in sports (my daughter has them play one sport and do one other activity).

My 3 daughters danced for 13 years.  That was enough activity to keep up with.

Honored Contributor

As a widow, none at all,when our boys were growing up,yes.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Zero, thats how much sports is a part of my life. lol. I watch the Olympics thats it. Or if you count me walking on my treadmill.

Now if you mention music or movies, those percentages would be through the roof. And dance was a huge part of my life until I injured my spine.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Sports are a spectator only passtime for me.  I enjoy watching both college and professional football and college basketball.  My dad was a big football fan and we watched games together; it's something I remember fondly.  My husband is also a big football fan, so we've been watching together througout our marriage.