Respected Contributor

Re: How much are sports a part of your life?

From the age of around 12 to 14, I went with a girlfriend to every Cubs Friday home game (free!). I still can't believe our mothers let two young girls take buses and els all alone and be gone for hours and hours.  Now I think baseball is really boring and hate going to an occasional game.

We used to have season tickets to the Nets (New Jersey, not Brooklyn), so I was really into basketball for a few years and going to games multiple times in one week.  Now I couldn't care less about that either, and I don't watch any sports on television.

Honored Contributor

I like the Dodgers & MLB, the Olympics & golf.  Passing interest in the NFL. Some of my favorites are the ones that don't get a lot of coverage like college volleyball, nine ball pool, swimming & curling.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a runner and I play volleyball in a co-ed league.
Honored Contributor

Sports are in my life because of my husband.  He used to play semi-pro football and later he took up soccer.  I had two sons who played several sports and I went to their games when I'd rather have been curled up under the coversSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Sports are in my life because of my husband.  He used to play semi-pro football and later he took up soccer.  I had two sons who played several sports and I went to their games when I'd rather have been curled up under the coversSmiley Happy

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

You're a good sport, tansy !

I run or swim a few laps while my kids are at practice.

Honored Contributor

Dare I say?............But I'm happy for those who are interested!  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

It plays a small role.  I watch NFL football.

Esteemed Contributor

The closest sports have become a part of my life over the past couple of years is going to Fenway Park---twice--to see a Billy Joel concert!!  Got plans to go back again in August--not to watch a game--to enjoy another Billy Joel performance!!  

Respected Contributor

Let's see, I watch 162 Texas Rangers baseball games a season + any playoff games they might be in.  I'll also watch a few Yankees games and Red Sox games.

I watch every Texas Tech football game and try to see most Big 12 football games.    After that, I'll watch most any college football game between teams in the top 25 rankings.   

Then I'll watch any NFL game that is on, especially the Cowboys although few of their games are on up here in Eagles land.   

I'll watch Grand Slam tennis and most of the summer and winter Olympic games.

I'll watch a Dallas Mavericks basketball game but that's it for me and NBA games.  I'll watch a Texas Tech BB game but that's it for college basketball until March Madness starts, then I'll watch some of that.

There is more but that's enough.  So, how much are sports a part of my life?  I love them and watch a ton , much to DH chargrin.  He hates sports but after 25 years with me he has found lots of other stuff to watch.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

Let's see, I watch 162 Texas Rangers baseball games a season + any playoff games they might be in.  I'll also watch a few Yankees games and Red Sox games.

I watch every Texas Tech football game and try to see most Big 12 football games.    After that, I'll watch most any college football game between teams in the top 25 rankings.   

Then I'll watch any NFL game that is on, especially the Cowboys although few of their games are on up here in Eagles land.   

I'll watch Grand Slam tennis and most of the summer and winter Olympic games.

I'll watch a Dallas Mavericks basketball game but that's it for me and NBA games.  I'll watch a Texas Tech BB game but that's it for college basketball until March Madness starts, then I'll watch some of that.

There is more but that's enough.  So, how much are sports a part of my life?  I love them and watch a ton , much to DH chargrin.  He hates sports but after 25 years with me he has found lots of other stuff to watch.  Smiley Wink

@Bridgegal

You HAVE to listen to The Ticket (1310AM, 96.7FM) here in DFW!!!

(It's my user avatar on this forum^^^)

I listen on/off throughout the day...from 5:30AM-7:00PM.  

Love, love, love those guys...been listening for over 20+ yrs!