Honored Contributor

Re: How many magazines do you get?

I'm down to just one: Consumer Reports. I let several expire, b/c l spend so much time on my iPad, that l wasn't reading them, and they were adding unwanted clutter. These included: In Style, Real Simple, and HGTV Magazine-- all good magazines, btw.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I am down to one, but at one time was getting eight. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

20+ subscriptions......i love magazines and i enjoy sharing them.

most of the subscriptions are so inexpensive these days!

@sunshine45 wrote:

20+ subscriptions......i love magazines and i enjoy sharing them.

most of the subscriptions are so inexpensive these days!

You are a girl after my own heart. I get a ton of them too and you are right, they are so cheap when you do them yearly. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

15-20  They are free though my local library.  You can down load them too using Zinio for libraries and your library card.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm down to two, after having canceled a boat-load.   I now only get Wired and Coastal Living.

Honored Contributor

None.

Respected Contributor

I used to subscribe to many magazines but I have now narrowed it down to just two.  

Martha Stewart Living and Birds & Blooms.  

Magazines have risen in price so much over the past ten years.  I am shocked when I glance at them at the grocery store.  Many of them are as high as $9.00.  I refuse to pay that much for any magazine.  

I used to love reading Sandra Lee's magazine but the last time I looked at it the price had escalated.   Even though the contents are really interesting I just cannot justify spending that much.  

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I receive Whole Dog Journal and Consumer Reports.  Come to think of it, neither has advertising, and WDJ is a bit like a Consumers for all things "dog."

I used to get Cosmopolitan.  I had 1966 through 1986 stored in my garage, which was a mistake as they became mildewed.

I used to also get Victoria (not Victoria's Secret - which women probably understand but men always think it's VS).  I still have a lot of older issues of Victoria.

At various times over the years (not all at once), I've subscribed to Traditional Home, Coastal Living, Martha Stewart Living, Vogue, Sunset, Oprah, Real Simple, Gourmet, Birds & Blooms, Harper's Bazaar, New Mexico, Country Living, More, Town & Country, Bay Nature, Teatime, Natural Solutions, Santa Fean, New England Home, Yankee, Budget Travel, National Geographic, Appellation, and more.  

I still spend plenty of time at the supermarket in the magazine aisle, just reading and occasionally buying one or two.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Only two entertainment weekly and Oprah  but I used to get a lot more.   Nowadays I'd rather read a book or watch TV.