Honored Contributor

Re: How many magazines do you get?

ZIP. I find them a waste of money.

Honored Contributor

Two - Food Network and HGTV

Trusted Contributor

I used to get 30 magazines a month.  My last subscription (Real Simple) just expired and I will not get any more magazines.  I can read all the information I want about fashion, celebrity, books, and decorating online. 

Honored Contributor

No magazines delivered here right now, except for Birds and Blooms and only because someone gifts it to me every year. I pass it on to my mom, as it really doesn't interest me.

I quit subscribing to magazines years ago, as they are just full of ads.

Magazines have always been full of ads, but there used to be a lot of things to read as well. Today, there just isn't enough content to warrant the price.

When I did subscribe, I liked Country Living, all the Reiman Publications (Country, Taste of Home, Reminisce etc.), Readers Digest.

Now, I just pick them up second hand at thrift stores or church sales. At 25 cents each, they are worth reading what little is still there, then pass them on. 

Honored Contributor

None for several years now.  But still have to hold an actual book to read in my hand.  No e reader's ect............

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

Physical copies? Zero. But thanks to Xinio, available through my library, I can get any issue of most magazines for free.  I see a future with very few "paper" copies of magazines and newspapers.

Respected Contributor

I used to get many Home Decorating magazines but I've scaled down.I have a problem with getting rid of them. I aways like going back and looking up things. I enjoy looking at beautiful rooms ! Others had recipes or gardening tips that I wanted to save. I still keep most of my Architectural Digest, dating back to 1998 !!!

I was always offered the lowest prices to renew them.

Through the years I've noticed many magazines are much thinner now and full of advertisements. Currently, I only get House Beautiful and Traditional Home !    Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Too many.  No idea where they are coming from.  We even get a Golf Magazine.  Must be on everyones sucker list.  I pile them up and bring them over to a local nursing - assistant living home.  

Why I don't personally subscribe and pay for it:  All ads, no substance.  Bad enough I have to spend time fast forwarding TV advertising.  

Honored Contributor

I have digital subscriptions to Texas Monthly and The Atlantic, and a hard copy subscription to Cosmopolitan.

Super Contributor

I get my magazines at garage sales.

I look for the OLD ones.

So many pictures, so much history in a picture

If you see a Look, Life...pick it up !!!

Plenty of eye candy and beef cake !!!   LOL

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK