Honored Contributor

Re: How many magazines do you get?

I used to have a lot of subscriptions but I don't have any at the moment.  I go to the store and if any look interesting I buy them.  I used to enjoy Family Circle, Womans Day, Southern Living, Birds and Bloom, Better  Homes and Gardens, Glamour to name a few but didn't seem to find the time or maybe my interest changed and I stopped  getting them in the mail. 

Trusted Contributor

I have got goodhousekeeping  for years,an I mean many,but this past year will be the last.Its not the same anymore,an realize I also change,getting older,so many things do not interest me anymore.So no more goodhousekeeping!

Honored Contributor

In the mail I get one, husband gets golf and RC mag's.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Please don't tell me you all pay for subscriptions to your magazines. I have a few freebie sites I visit daily. I have about 7 subscriptions of popular magazines that come to my house and I haven't paid for one subscription! I just signed up my future DIL to get Brides magazine (for free). I like reading magazines when traveling.

How 'bout listing them then?

Trusted Contributor

I currently get two magazines that I'm not paying for.  One is Martha Stewart Living.  It was part of a deal my husband got, from one of the airlines.  I don't like the magazine, and it goes right into recycling.  I tried to cancel it a year or more ago and they said they couldn't do it because of the way it was ordered.

The other magazine I get is Traditional Home.  That was also a freebie subscription because it was included in part of a deal of something I purchased....I think it was cosmetics.  I used to like Traditional Home years ago.  Now, it's mostly ads and multi-million dollar homes.  So, that doesn't interest me, and it goes into recycling when it comes.

My husband gets several magazines and The Wall Street Journal.  They were also part of the airline deal and he didn't pay a penny for them either.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

None via mail.

I will pick one up if I have a several hours wait somewhere.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

The only magazine we get is Entertainment Weekly. We used to get Rolling Stone but stopped that subscription 2 years ago.

The prices of magazines have become outrageous and I don't like the gossip type magazines at all. They're filled with lies about celebrities.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I currently get 3, but I am going to let them all expire.  I have no intentions of subscribing to new ones.  For awhile I thought I would never give them up, because I preferred that medium over an electronic device. I finally have reached the point where I just don't need the magazine anymore. So much of what is in a magazine can be found online that I just don't need to have them delivered to my house anymore.

Honored Contributor

We are down to three. 2 are car mags for DH, the other is TV guide which we are renewing. I think magazines have lost the thrill for me.

Honored Contributor

Error,error on my part!!! We are NOT renewing TV Guide.