Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many days can you stay home before getting Cabin Fever?

Three. Yes, three. I think it's three. Probably three. Ok.....three !!

Happy Tuesday

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I always think I could stay home alone forever, reading, cooking, baking, crocheting... but the reality is that one day home from morning until night and I start to get anxious. It makes me feel guilty, like there's something else I'm supposed to be doing.  I have a tendency towards agoraphobia and I'm afraid if I didn't get out a little while each day it would really take hold.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

Maybe three.

I love being home, but I need the freedom to be able to go out when I want.  LOL

Occasional Contributor

I love beening home so I would say about one week.  As long as I have food and drink and my favorite snacks.  I can always find something to do at home or just do nothing but relax.  I am still working so for me anytime away from work is fine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually  go to the grocery store once a week. I walk my dogs in the neighborhood every day for an hour or more....  That is my outing for the week unless  I have a doctors or dentist appointment.  I have gone two weeks at home not going anywhere. I suppose I could go longer if I did not need kale or almond milk.

I am a home body and with internet shopping and TV  I really do not need people to interact with to make me happy.  I dealt with people for years with all my jobs and I really do not enjoy being around people much anymore.  People are so demanding and irritating..... just wear me out.   Especially people I do not know  like when out shopping.   crowds, traffic. No  thank you!

Super Contributor

About three or four days.

Honored Contributor

Re: How many can you stay home before getting Cabin Fever?

I agree with @FrostyBabe1 and some others.  If the weather is bad I'll just hang in the house.  If it's overcast and/or raining, I HATE it and won't leave my house.  I'll cancel things.  I used to say I never went to work or school when it rained.  Not much of an exaggeration!  Ha!

But if you give me some sunshine, I feel energized.  I know there are a lot of people affected by the weather and I'm one of them!  

My youngest daughter (36) comes to visit and reminds me of what it was like with her.  She doesn't like it when the house is lit up!  She goes around turning down and off lights.  Drives me crazy!

Yet she lives in Denver where they get up to 300 days of sunshine a year (we should reverse our life styles) Ha!  Yet she's always outside, so she does like the sun just not in her house.....I guess!

Honored Contributor

It depends on how I feel. If my arthritis is acting up I don't want to go out. I can be happy either at home or out & about. I have something I can do every day - I work at the foodbank Mondays - Tues & thurs I have an aerobics class - wed I have sewing club. Monday evenings our plan has an art club where you go and make things using various media if I feel like going & doing whatever they are doing that week. So I can be as busy or not busy as I want to be. Tonight we are going out to dinner then to a gospel music concert. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't been away from the house since last Thursday, 5 days and I don't have cabin fever yet.  I have noticed that during my life I go through phases where I am either always on the run or spend extended periods as a homebody.

Honored Contributor

I can do one day, two if absolutely forced, but by day three, get me outta here. 

I love our house and no longer work, but I don't want to just stay home day after day. I find SOMETHING for us to do every day. We eat lunch out about 6 days a week. If nothing else, it gets us out of the house. 

So, for snow days, two is my absolute max and then cabin fever sets in if it hadn't already. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?