Super Contributor

Re: How do you feel about kids playing on top of Memorials?

I don't blame the child, but I consider it very disrespectful.

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 3/26/2015 Suziepeach said:

Softraindrops, also a learning moment for the parents.

Hi Suzie!Smile Yes, a moment to teach the parents as well. We are never too old to learn something new.

So, so true. Never too old to learn something new, you just have to be willing.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Hose em down!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

Very disrespectful. Children nowdays aren't taught respect even toward people. I see this every week in church where they think they are on a picnic with the backpacks parents bring full of cereal and drinks and toys to amuse them when they should be teaching them to be quiet and respectful.

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

I suspect that these are the type of parents who would be outraged that outsiders would talk to their children with anything but praise and adoration.

Honored Contributor

Better than birds pooping all over it.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the majority - IMO it's disrespectful and the parents should teach their kids better. I think that basic respect and common courtesies are terribly rare these days, especially in the way a lot of kids are brought up.

I can't even imagine the beating if we ever dared to do something like that. I know we wouldn't but we'd get the tar beat out of us if we did. Granted that's extreme, but kids CAN be taught to be respectful.

Super Contributor

On 3/26/2015 JESSA said:

Very disrespectful. Children nowdays aren't taught respect even toward people. I see this every week in church where they think they are on a picnic with the backpacks parents bring full of cereal and drinks and toys to amuse them when they should be teaching them to be quiet and respectful.

Some children nowadays are taught but I agree that it's become out of control in Church, restaurants, stores, etc. Kids rule the roost.

Regular Contributor

What's the difference between this and walking and jogging through cemeteries? How about when people walk their dogs in cemeteries?And it's not children doing the walking, dog-walking, and jogging. It's adults. In a past thread many here defended using cemeteries as a recreational space.

Contributor

As many have said............totally disrespectful!