Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@MarieIG....the pain is unbelievable. Something one would not know unless they actually experienced it. The pain lessens in time, but you never forget. You live with it in your heart every single day. Smiley Sad

-------------------------------------------

I have lost two children and though I live through life everyday....my heart cries everyday!   There is no glue to fix the broken heart of a grieving mother.  However, the pain does get less "weighty" with time. Somehow, life does go on.   I remember my children every single day and do speak of them often.

Respected Contributor

I think all you can do is reach out and say, "I'm here for you.  Whatever you need, I'm here."

Super Contributor

I just remembered something my niece and nephew did for me when I lost my dh. She put together a little care package with a card, some snacks, magazines, a few nail polishes, a little teddy bear that she let her 1 year old pick out for me and a grocery store gift card....I found it to be a very thoughtful gesture.

Another thing I also thought of is if you are a very close friend or relative to the person who just lost a loved one, being at her house to greet and serve beverages to any guests that may show up can be very helpful and if she's not up to taking phone calls, maybe you can answer for her and take messages or give information that may be needed such as funeral/memorial service info.

I know that some people would rather keep busy and do everything themselves but others can get very overwhelmed with everything going on and can't function under stress and really need the help.