Honored Contributor

Re: How come Hollywood celebrities don't go to marriage counseling?

http://pagesix.com/2015/08/13/ex-affleck-nanny-is-now-driving-around-in-a-brand-new-lexus/?_ga=1.131...

If Affleck is in fact footing the bill for this nanny's things (like the new Lexus, her hotel bill at the Bevery Hills where she took refuge from the press, etc)  why is this woman flaunting all this by posting on Instagram, and why is Affleck "letting" her in the sense of not cutting her off if he is footing the bill?  How insensitive to Jen and their kids.  I've read several articles saying how Afffleck and Garner were trying to make this split as easy as possible on their children, even still wearing their wedidng rings for the kids' sake to show unity for them, yet this obvious mistress keeps flaunting her "station in life" on the internet.  If I were Ben I'd have a little chat with this publicity-hungry ex nanny if only for the sake of sensitivity to his children and the mother of his children.

Honored Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

I know that a lot Hollywood celebrities break up with each other often. What I don't know or understand is why they don't go to marriage counseling to try and work things out.

Now, I know that marriage counseling isn't cheap. It's expensive, but I know that celebrities can afford it. So why don't they go to marriage counselors?

WHERE did you get the idea that they don't ??

Further, I think not all marriages were a good idea in the first place, and destined to fall apart .....  not all marriages should be "saved".    

There's a misconception that all intact marriages are "happy" and "successful".     There's a lot of marriages that have died a long time ago, but the people in it are too cowardly to take positive steps and improve their lives by getting out of dysfunctional situations.   

Children should'nt grow up in "war zones" .....   sometimes a single parent household is more peaceful and loving than a two parent battlefield.   

Respected Contributor

Thank you for all the replies, everyone. Smiley Happy I suppose celebrities are no different than non-celebrities.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

http://pagesix.com/2015/08/13/ex-affleck-nanny-is-now-driving-around-in-a-brand-new-lexus/?_ga=1.131...

If Affleck is in fact footing the bill for this nanny's things (like the new Lexus, her hotel bill at the Bevery Hills where she took refuge from the press, etc)  why is this woman flaunting all this by posting on Instagram, and why is Affleck "letting" her in the sense of not cutting her off if he is footing the bill?  How insensitive to Jen and their kids.  I've read several articles saying how Afffleck and Garner were trying to make this split as easy as possible on their children, even still wearing their wedidng rings for the kids' sake to show unity for them, yet this obvious mistress keeps flaunting her "station in life" on the internet.  If I were Ben I'd have a little chat with this publicity-hungry ex nanny if only for the sake of sensitivity to his children and the mother of his children.

And do what exactly?  If she is pregnant, he is still has to play nice to keep her quiet somewhat.  He brought all this upon himself, now he'll have to deal with it imo.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

And how is it possible that you KNOW so much about their personal lives? How on earth do you know if they have gone to counseling or not?

What a silly post!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why do we care whether or not Hollywood celebrities attend marriage counseling?

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think some of the celebrities have such ego problems. They seem to be looking for the next best thing . The temptations are always around them and that can destroy a marriage if they don't work at it. Drugs and alcohol are another big factor in the breaking up a marriage. I do think infidelity is number one . The temptations are always around them.

Super Contributor

Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard go to marriage counseling - as a measuse to prevent marital problems (I read the interview in Good Housekeeping magazine).