Honored Contributor

Re: How can I avoid seeing posts by a poster?

@bri20 wrote:

I can't believe there is no ignore feature on this platform.   

Doesnt every board have an ignore feature?

@bri20, From my experience the overwhelming majority of platfoms do include an "ignore" or "block user" feature.  It's important because it helps reduce conflict, and in fact because of that makes the moderator's job easier and also the posters' experience more enjoyable.   My opinion, is that QVC didn't invest in an upgraded software platform, so we see missing features and constant technical problems.   I'm not surprised, however.   Since I first began using the QVC website, I've marvelled at their archaic software and poor technical support.   (Mind you, this is not criticism of the moderators on the forums.   They're not the tech staff, and they're limited by the software and also by their instructions from the powers-that-be.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Good advice, ladies. I think I'll take it and THANK YOU! Heart

(((@Love my grandkids))).   I'm sorry you've had problems, and I agree with the others that it's best to try and mentally ignore the poster(s).   Also, don't forget:   When someone attempts to demean, mock, or otherwise hurt someone else, their actions place a spotlight on their own character and it says absolutely nothing about the people they were targeting.    I know it's hard.   Hang in there.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I was fooled on this one. I've read many posts where I wonder why posters continue the post asking the same question, when it was clearly addressed at about the 3rd response. Those manual ignores must already be in place. LOL
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Great advice!

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I can't believe there is no ignore feature on this platform.   

Doesnt every board have an ignore feature?

@bri20, From my experience the overwhelming majority of platfoms do include an "ignore" or "block user" feature.  It's important because it helps reduce conflict, and in fact because of that makes the moderator's job easier and also the posters' experience more enjoyable.   My opinion, is that QVC didn't invest in an upgraded software platform, so we see missing features and constant technical problems.   I'm not surprised, however.   Since I first began using the QVC website, I've marvelled at their archaic software and poor technical support.   (Mind you, this is not criticism of the moderators on the forums.   They're not the tech staff, and they're limited by the software and also by their instructions from the powers-that-be.)

I thought Keyai had said long ago that the ignore button might be a possibility next year -- something was a possibility but I am not sure what -- lol.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy, yes, @Keyai was kind enough to respond about it in the past and even started a thread last year with an update.   Basically, the comments are that it's not available with the current platform.    I only used the old ignore feature a few times, basically to block someone who kept creating new nicknames and posting all sorts of spoilers and that sort of nonsense, but I really understand why it's something many posters wanted and I also understand why it's beneficial to any forum.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo -- I tried it with one particular poster but people would quote her so it was basically useless anyway.

Honored Contributor

I remember that thread. As I recall, at the time (last summer or fall?) @Keyai told us that the ignore feature wasn't available that year (2015) due to other issues they were working on, but maybe in 2016. Fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I remember that thread. As I recall, at the time (last summer or fall?) @Keyai told us that the ignore feature wasn't available that year (2015) due to other issues they were working on, but maybe in 2016. Fingers crossed!

There is a current thread where someone specifically asked again if we will have it in the forseeable future and the answer was "no." I suspect that as many times as the question is asked, spread out over months or years, the answer will be the same. I think they have an expectation that at some point people will give up and stop asking, but even if they don't, and continue to ask, I believe the answer will still be no.

Just a guess on my part, but it may not have as much to do with technically can't as just don't want to, don't find it necessary with active moderators, and aren't going to, period. I could of course be wrong, but that's my hunch.

The moderators are caught in the middle.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Just a thought re: the Ignore button -

If say, for example, you often tangle in threads with a particular poster or two, and you feel that they are gunning for you - it's true that if you have them on Ignore you won't see their posts, but if they have directed a very rude, very insulting and inappropriate, clearly (and I mean clearly, no doubts about it) personally nasty post to you specifically, in  good part *because* you have them on Ignore, wouldn't you want to report it? True, others *might* report it, but then again they might not, and a truly ugly insult would bw lying there for all to see.

The real issue wouldn't even be that you were angered, hurt or insulted by the post, and the poster, but that they *got away with it*, and will surely continue to do it, if you don't see it. I think this *might* be a tiny part of the reason QVC doesn't want Ignore back - because no one should be able to do that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all