Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Second Chances Should A Cheater Get

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was watching GMA this morning and Ozzy Osbourne and his son Jack were on promoting their new series. Ozzy was asked about his marriage and he said it was a bump in the road and he and Sharon were back on track. I wondered what Sharon would have to say. On The Talk she pretty much confirmed what he said. She is free to do what she wants but for me I don't think I could forgive someone over and over again. I would guess this is not the first time he has cheated, I guess he knows that Sharon will always take him back. 

Well, some women really don't seem to mind too much.  I can think of women in the public eye who put up with cheating hubbys.  Some do obviously for gain and position in the world.  Some seem fine with it.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was watching GMA this morning and Ozzy Osbourne and his son Jack were on promoting their new series. Ozzy was asked about his marriage and he said it was a bump in the road and he and Sharon were back on track. I wondered what Sharon would have to say. On The Talk she pretty much confirmed what he said. She is free to do what she wants but for me I don't think I could forgive someone over and over again. I would guess this is not the first time he has cheated, I guess he knows that Sharon will always take him back. 

So maybe it was just a stunt to promote the series. . . ?????

Respected Contributor

As many as you want to give him. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Honored Contributor

No two situations are ever the same. There can be so many in's and out's. Sometimes a partner will retaliate with an affair because their spouse had one. Sometimes it was a weak moment by an otherwise good spouse.  Sometimes one spouse is extremely hard to live with and the other goes looking for love or whatever. 

None of these are good excuses for cheating.  In fact, I would much rather have my spouse divorce me than cheat on me!  Some realize, after an affair, that they still have love for each other.  It is, however, a known fact, that "repeat" offenders rarely change.  There again..... there is always the one that might change???  They would be the exception to the rule.  That's what I am saying......circumstances differ so much....it's almost impossible to give good advice here to someone looking for the "right" answer.  What's right for one could be wrong for another.

Regular Contributor

ZERO second chances.  When I found out my ex husband cheated on me I immediately kicked him out and within a week he was served divorce papers. That was 6 years ago and it still hurts but I know me, and I would just never be able to trust him again, with anything. It truly hurt me to the core and our sons as well but we have been much better off than worrying if he will keep cheating and that would affect all aspects of my life. I am better than that so no second chances. And he KNEW that going into our marriage nearly 20 years ago when we were married.

I can forgive many things but cheating is just not one of them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It probably really depends on the relationship. Considering who Sharon is married to, it's safe to assume this is not his first time sleepign with another woman. This may or may not bother Sharon - at all. They might have an open relationship for all we know and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did. Usually in those types of relationships it is the lying and sneaking and the people they sleep with that end up causing problems. Ozzy didn't give a rats ass about that woman - clearly. She was just another notch - but was able tp cause trouble - and that's the problem that happened there, not necessarily the "cheating" but the trouble that stems from it. SO athough it was annoying, and the publicity from it embarassing for her, it wasn't a marriage dealbreaker for them. 

Honored Contributor

I'm the OP and started this thread after seeing Ozzy Osbourne on GMA stating he and Sharon were back on track. Now on The Talk Sharon said Ozzy is a sex addict and is in outpatient therapy and after his tour will have a 3 month stay at a facility. I feel badly for Sharon, this is embarrassing and difficult to talk about. But it goes back to how many chances are you willing to give someone?