Honored Contributor

Re: How Many Second Chances Should A Cheater Get

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Some women just love a man so much, they are willing to keep forgiving his little indiscretions..They tell themselves that it has nothing to do with them, he is just a man and men need variety and blah blah blah.......Pretty soon Ozzie will be too old to cheat.

And how old is that?

Respected Contributor

I have never been cheated on by anyone I love.  I would think if you love them you would want to work it out and believe what they say.  As far as Sharon osbourne it is just easier to stay than leave after 38 years of marriage.  At that point it is not about sex anymore.  It is about tearing apart a family and years of memories.  The only way she would probably leave him is if she met someone else. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A very personal and private decision.

Do what's right for you and MYOB where others are concerned.

Honored Contributor

I did not give mine a second chance but I did not find out about for about it for 15 years.  The first night I left my husband after 18 years of marriage he came to me in the middle of the night to fess up about a one "morning" stand with a co-worker when our son was 8 months old.  He said he felt jealous and lonely from all the attention our son got from me, who was now 16 at the time of our separation.  I said I did not care. 

He told me he truly thought if I knew I would get so jealous and come home with him right then and stay.  Men and their minds.  I always told him I would never forgive an affair and now after 17 years divorced he is finally accepting I am not coming back.  I did just receive and email from him a couple months ago asking about my love life.  Good night move on please!  I did back in 1999.

But honestly it did hurt later since I thought our world was perfect back during those years.  You just never know who is doing what or why they stay.  I think it takes courage to stay with someone and fight for love regardless of the reason for the trouble.  Unless the trouble is someone a bit crazy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MomCat wrote:

I heard someone say the other day about so many people in this country being "morally bankrupt".  Not only do I agree with that, I'll add that there is a lot of compliance and apathy from the spectator crowd.  Different subject, same attitude - while we are not caring or not expressing our opinions, "they" are busy in the background revising some law or regulation that WILL affect you.  That's what sticking your head in the sand does.  Just look at the question posed here.  Why do we have different answers to this?  No clear right or wrong anymore.  Sad.

Because people are different. We don't all have to believe the same things. We have free will. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

First, it's their business.

They have been together for as long as my husband and I have been, and I can understand her feelings. It would be harder to give it up than to throw it away for a bump.

Besides, she has been through worse with this man. He is an alcoholic, a drug abuser, and he almost killed her her once in a drunken drug rage.

This is a small bump, compared to what she has been through with him.

I don't think money is an issue, she makes a lot on her own, she is also his manager.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

None from me.  

• You teach people how to treat you.

• I heard a psychologist once say on Dr. Drew that women who do this love their significant other more than they love themselves.
If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

I heard someone say the other day about so many people in this country being "morally bankrupt".  Not only do I agree with that, I'll add that there is a lot of compliance and apathy from the spectator crowd.  Different subject, same attitude - while we are not caring or not expressing our opinions, "they" are busy in the background revising some law or regulation that WILL affect you.  That's what sticking your head in the sand does.  Just look at the question posed here.  Why do we have different answers to this?  No clear right or wrong anymore.  Sad.

Because people are different. We don't all have to believe the same things. We have free will. 

I have to say @jaxs mom I agree with you 100%. To think that is not true makes no sense.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

First of all, there's a world of difference between a mutual agreement between a husband and wife that they will have an "arrangement" and a spouse who sneaks around with other women.  The latter involves cheating and deception.  If someone's all right with that or wants to make it work, fine.  I know a woman whose husband impregnated her cousin, and she stabbed him.  It wasn't a serious wound, so she wasn't prosecuted.  She didn't leave him, but she should have.

Second, I'm so tired of these Osborne people.  She should make her decision in private and end the public drama.  I have to wonder whether this is akin to the "story lines" we hear the women on the Housewives shows cook up to stay on the show.

Respected Contributor

I have a friend who had it both ways.  Her husband got zero second chances with her, but they stayed married.  So it became an open marriage with no action inside the marriage.  My friend is OK with it because she doesn't have to worry about whether he will cheat again and she can do as she wishes.