Honored Contributor

Re: Hot Weather Thread Removed?

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Because it's a controversial issue and therefore against QVC community guidelines & standards....there were comments pro and con and thats why it got removed!

Its amazing to me how the NBA Canceled All Star Game on this same Community Chat Category remains....to me it falls in the same category but people are being more diplomatic in discussing pros and cons of the issue...

Its inconsistent @Spurt.

I just don't want anybody to think I restarted

a deleted thread because I didnt

do that.

😟

Try not to worry about it, @newziesuzie.   I think most posters know you wouldn't knowingly repost a closed or removed thread.   Likely it was an error on the part of the person who reported it, or maybe a misunderstanding by the moderator.   Life goes on...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Because it's a controversial issue and therefore against QVC community guidelines & standards....there were comments pro and con and thats why it got removed!

No, it discussed what temp we keep the a/c at; It wasn't a controversial thread at all until a few started invoking names of politicians.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Here are a few of the key areas that you should be aware of before posting in the Community:

• Controversial topics will be removed – Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion. The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning: current events, politics, religious beliefs, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees.

Its amazing to me how the NBA Canceled All Star Game on this same Community Chat Category remains....to me it falls in the same category but people are being more diplomatic in discussing pros and cons of the issue...

Honestly I disagree, calling people fearful bigots seems to be common when you aren't on a certain side of an issue here.........

@SydneyH  Excellent point!  A few comments were removed how did that one slip byI ..... again inconsistency!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok dont laugh at me but I sent a

email and @Cindy-QVC was very sweet

and said there was another thread

on air conditioning and buried inside

that thread the topic got

similar to temp changes etc so that thread

got closed. 

I didn't see that one.

Sorry, and thanks for the posts everybody!!!!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Here are a few of the key areas that you should be aware of before posting in the Community:

• Controversial topics will be removed – Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion. The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning: current events, politics, religious beliefs, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees.

Just about every thread has responses "pro and con".

Lots of them go on and on and on.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

May I inquire as to WHY?

It morphed into a scolding thread for posters who were using natural resources to excess and keeping the house cool. You know, the usual stuff that gets deleted around here. Political stuff even was discussed.

Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Its inconsistent @Spurt.

I just don't want anybody to think I restarted

a deleted thread because I didnt

do that.

😟

I don't see how a poster who isn't on this board constantly would even know if a thread about the subject had already existed and been deleted.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

No, it discussed what temp we keep the a/c at; It wasn't a controversial thread at all until a few started invoking names of politicians.

@Mj12

That was a different thread.

😊

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

May I inquire as to WHY?

It morphed into a scolding thread for posters who were using natural resources to excess and keeping the house cool. You know, the usual stuff that gets deleted around here. Political stuff even was discussed.

@Trinity11

That was a different older thread

about air conditioning.

Mine was just a new one about hot temps.

😊

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mj12  I think your right, I think perhaps there was a misunderstanding I think the thermostat topic and this one were two different issues.  How one keeps cool in the heat versus higher than normal climate/weather changes compared to the past....

I think I replied to a comment I shouldn't have....but no politicians were named...it was more of a local view from where I live and local issues we have here...but I apologize for my part of that one...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”