Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts repeating the same word descriptions over and over again

LOL!  This time next year, we'll be tuning in to QVC just to get a break from the paid political announcementsWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

I just wish in between all their repetitive sayings they would spend more time on speaking about the sizing - this seems to be an afterthought for most hosts just going on and on saying the same stuff about the material, and buy more than one color -  and last order of the season - maybe we would  buy more if we got more info on the garment they are trying to sell.

Respected Contributor

The newest catch phrase is "pack up." David says "You won't see this pack up at the brick and mortor stores."He's talking about the accessories that come with a particular item. I've heard others use the same phrase. It sounds like vendor terminology.

Respected Contributor

after watching for 20 plus years I almost forget to turn it on anymore this year. I have watched 2 shows.

I did order something from Scott Living and the item never came in - advance order where I waited and waited then finally canceled. That was the last straw.

Q sent me a survey that I never answered. Now if they sent me a coupon it might be a different story...

Honored Contributor

It seems to me that there are not enough words in our language to denote something as beautiful or fabulous, so they keep saying the same annoying words over and over.  Maybe we need a wordsmith to invent some new adjectives.  Anyone know how to get in touch with Shawn?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I thought I was the only person who noticed this.  My pet peeve is the overuse of the word "fresh" when spring rolls around each year.  Items are described as "fresh" so often that the meaning of the word becomes pointless.

Esteemed Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@june22 wrote:

Between Mary Beth Roe and her saying HERE'S THE THING and 

Alberti Popaj repeating on every item every other word BEAUTIFUL AND FABULOUS.  it just gets to the point were you start counting how many times they repeat and forget what they are selling. I would think that the hosts would watch video of their presentations to see where they could improve and work on their descriptive words without using the same word every other word. It appears not..... This may sound contrite... but, it you are listening to an hour or two of a host on a show, it just makes the consumer turn out.

Hey june22 I totally agree. If the hosts themselves don't notice it you would think the production crew would. I actually find it comical and do start counting the word repetition. And its not just the hosts. When Tara comes on with her wares, she uses the word "beautiful" for practically every color she describes. It is hard for me to imagine that she doesn't notice she is doing it. In her case, I think may-be she is doing it intentionally.

Whatever gets a customer to buy.

Respected Contributor

Oh my stars and garters, here's the thing, how are they going to sell their amazing and fabulous products on the day if they dont have a catch phrase? And dont forget that you can buy as many as you wish because we all need 5 bose.

And after you receive your special value in 7 to 10 days you to can do the Happy Dance, Happy Dance!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Valued Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

after watching for 20 plus years I almost forget to turn it on anymore this year. I have watched 2 shows.

I did order something from Scott Living and the item never came in - advance order where I waited and waited then finally canceled. That was the last straw.

Q sent me a survey that I never answered. Now if they sent me a coupon it might be a different story...

Never gonna happen. HSN which I rarely order from, sent me a $10 coupon for my birthday. Q never sends anything like that. 

Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

Oh my stars and garters, here's the thing, how are they going to sell their amazing and fabulous products on the day if they dont have a catch phrase? And dont forget that you can buy as many as you wish because we all need 5 bose.

And after you receive your special value in 7 to 10 days you to can do the Happy Dance, Happy Dance!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee