Esteemed Contributor

Re: Home Depot Halloween Deco-Should They or Not?

@VanSleepy wrote:

I don't think of this as a "decoration".  It seems likes it's a practical joke to play on someone else.  I mean, why would you stick it to your own window?

You stick it on the inside of your window, looking out, as if the "face" is being held inside.

Honored Contributor

I think it's funny. When I saw it on the news last night I started to laugh.  Now granted, I don't want it but I just won't buy it.  I wouldn't make an issue out of it.  

There is a house near me that goes all out for Halloween.  They put a huge display in their big picture window every year and they change it up.  Last year, it was a table with a man lying on it and his head was being chopped off with a meat clever.  There was "blood" splattered everywhere including the window.  

Again, I wasn't offended at all but that was gross.  This is tame.  

Respected Contributor

Seriously folks need to lighten up. It IS Halloween and decorations are creepy and weird.

Do we have skeltons, blood and stuff around year round (well hopefully we all say NO LOL)...no but this time of year we have fake ones..along with the costumes etc.

We don't normally have RIP on our lawns neither.

Sometimes people look to be offended. Find something truly offensive and pick your battles in life. When that woman wakes up tomorrow has her life changed in any way since that decoration is taken off of shelves??

Respected Contributor

Some houses go all out with the gore. 

My old neighbors made a cemetery on their front lawn, cobwebs everywhere, things hanging from the trees - it was quite elaborate.  They used to dress up to hand out the candy.  Their house was very popular - LOL

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

My old neighbors made a cemetery on their front lawn, cobwebs everywhere, things hanging from the trees - it was quite elaborate.  They used to dress up to hand out the candy.  Their house was very popular - LOL

I don't remember you living next door. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I don't remember you living next door. Smiley Wink

Ha - I wished I lived next door to you!

Honored Contributor

No,of course not.  I think think its very funny and certainly different.  If stores were prohibited from selling costumes that offended someone.....there would not be any halloween costumes at all.  

Honored Contributor

I don't get why it would need to be removed. Lots worse out there.

Respected Contributor

it's creepy and scary.  isn't that what halloween is all about?

it's like most things in life....you are entitled to your opinion, but don't expect others to bow down to your wishes.  i believe it is live and let live. 

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It would scare a child. It gives me the creeps. I say yes

Lots of Halloween decorations scare children, and adults! I think it's in poor taste and not something I would buy, but I think it's time we all stop trying to force our beliefs on everyone. If we don't like it, we don't have to buy it! My guess is, not many will buy it and HD will eat the expense! That's fine with me!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.