Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   Your New Mexico weather is desert weather.  We are near the ocean. Makes a big difference humidity wise.   It's the ratio to temperature that makes it humid 

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01   I've had a couple of Maine Coon kitties.  Very fluffy and  sweet as sweet can be.  I can only imagine what you went through . That's wonderful you have that plan for your energy.  Otherwise I can't imagine what it would cost

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  That falls in the "any port in a storm" category.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi  That was a monster quake.  Did lots of damage.   But I never left.   We haven't had a major obe since but one never knows.  I do love our weather.   I couldn't survive in Arizona.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat. We're  high desert.  Albuquerque  is the same altitude as Denver.  Our climate is quite different from that of Phoenix, which is why I'm here and not there.  We actually have 4 seasons, autumn leaves, a little snow and a lot colder in winter but not so hot in summer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Desertdi  That was a monster quake.  Did lots of damage.   But I never left.   We haven't had a major obe since but one never knows.  I do love our weather.   I couldn't survive in Arizona.

@Teddixat     Well, I did have a LOT of damage.    In addition, the building where I worked was RED FLAGGED, so I was also out of a job.    I came to Arizona out of necessity....    That was not a "frivolous" decision.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624    I do realize that.   And I know you know CA is a huge state and we have ocean, deserts and mountains.   If you live in the southern psrt of the state  along the coast line, where I live, the weather is very temperate but if you go inland the temperature changes dramatically to higher in the summer and colder in the winter and in both the high and lows deserts the temperatures soar in the summer but winters in the deserts are lovely, that's why the snowbirds from Canada live in Palm Springs desert 6 months out of the year and leave in June to go back to Canada because the deserts get very very hot in the summer.  

in the Northern part of the state they are much colder

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  That falls in the "any port in a storm" category.

@Kachina624      I've been in a couple of those "ports" already.....one of them was HOLLYWOOD....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi   Did you live in the San Fernando Valley.  Many homes were red tagged.  I lived in LosAngeles and we didn't get a lot of damage but Santa Monica did.  It was a very weird quake the way it squiggled through the area.   

I totally understand why you left.  Lots of people did.  Unfortunately we have lots of earthquake faults here - but we always forget about them after awhile until the next one.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Kachina624    I do realize that.   And I know you know CA is a huge state and we have ocean, deserts and mountains.   If you live in the southern psrt of the state  along the coast line, where I live, the weather is very temperate but if you go inland the temperature changes dramatically to higher in the summer and colder in the winter and in both the high and lows deserts the temperatures soar in the summer but winters in the deserts are lovely, that's why the snowbirds from Canada live in Palm Springs desert 6 months out of the year and leave in June to go back to Canada because the deserts get very very hot in the summer.  

in the Northern part of the state they are much colder

@Teddixat 

You think @Kachina624  and I are a couple of idiots or something?

♥Surface of the Sun♥