Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  Di!  You should've gone to a motel and stayed there until the tech was on his way.  Older people just can't take the heat.  It must've been torture. 

I had a bearing go out in my cooler last month but it never quit cooling.  Just sounded like an elephant on a tredmill.

@Kachina624    I guess it was "Desperaton Day".    I used the same company that installed it only a couple years ago.   THEY told me I better be there when the tech shows up, or there wasn't a second chance. 

I WAS on the "Senior Citizen EMERGENCY LIST" (law around here) and they did call with a couple updates.   

I asked if there was a "manual way" to turn the pump on by itself, and there isn't.    The thermostat was about a $50 item.....and I paid over $500 for the emergency service!  BAD DAY all around!!!!     di 

@Desertdi. I replaced the thermostat on my parent's  refrigerated air unit all by myself.  Took an hour or so to figure it out and do the job but it worked perfectly.  You'd better learn to do it.  It came with good instructions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi    I would have died by now.  I can't even stand 85 degrees in SoCal.  It's 87 today and I hate it

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi  OH MY GOD!!!   I feel so bad for you.  

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty.  We're  supposed to cool down to high 70s Tuesday.  Any hope for you?  I feel for you Arizonians.  Don't know how you stand it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi    I am so sorry you had to go through this.  Your AC bills must be through the roof!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624    That is impressive,  I would not have a clue.  Very good

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Desertdi    I would have died by now.  I can't even stand 85 degrees in SoCal.  It's 87 today and I hate it

@Teddixat.  87° is pretty warm, especially if it's humid.  That's  about what it is here so far today but dry as a bone.

I suppose we'll all spend the whole winter dreading NEXT SUMMER.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Kachina624    That is impressive,  I would not have a clue.  Very good

@Teddixat. I thought so too.  Was quite proud of myself.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  It's supposed to chill down to high 70s starting Tuesday with a chance of rain.   I'm counting the hours.

@Kachina624    My a/c thermostat broke down last week when it was 116.  It was 99 inside the house for 20 hours til the tech got here.  I was afraid to sleep....figured I wouldn't wake up.   I admit, I was feeling a little "goofy".......

@Desertdi  I'm in NW Tucson & some years back, my AC broke when it was about 116° & had to wait for several days for Lennox to freight a new chiller coil from TX. 

The AC repair co. lent me a portable AC unit to at least keep my bedroom tolerable for me & my cat to sleep in there with the door shut, but the rest of my house was about 98° for several days. 

When they finally got my AC fixed, it took 3 days of my AC running solid day & night to get my house back into a tolerable temperature.  Everything in my house, walls, floors was warm to the touch from it being so hot in here for so long. It was awful.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hola, Kachina!

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01   Well that was nice of them. you and your poor kitty.  I cannot imagine living in those temperatures.  I'm a wuss.  I guess your AC bills must be horrendous