Respected Contributor

Re: High- rise, mid-rise or low-rise jeans/pants ?

I like jeans that sit at my normal waist- not above or below.

I REALLY don't like the way lower-rise jeans look on anyone. I think it cuts their body right in half, & makes them look wider. I think a womans waist is beautiful, whether it's tiny, or not so tiny. I love the hourglass look.

Honored Contributor

mid rise to low rise

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

High rise.  Unfortunately if I wear mid (I can't even think about low!) rise my muffin top hangs over to top of the jeans that digs in and it's just not comfortable or an attractive look.  I find that high rise jeans make me look slimmer.  However I wear tops out and would never tuck in.

Speaking of "mom jeans" I had a really good laugh a few weeks ago.  My husband downloaded some old videos up into the cloud so I saw a few I had not seen in years.

One was of my son's 3rd birthday party (1991) and I caught a full body glimpse of an old friend who was wearing the classic mom jeans...top tucked in and the jeans were full and billowy from her waist to her thighs.  She had a nice figure but the jeans made her look heavier than she was.  I was laughing until I saw me!!  I was wearing the same thing!! I was much thinner then too but what was I thinking?!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spot555 wrote:

I like jeans that sit at my normal waist- not above or below.

I REALLY don't like the way lower-rise jeans look on anyone. I think it cuts their body right in half, & makes them look wider. I think a womans waist is beautiful, whether it's tiny, or not so tiny. I love the hourglass look.

Lowish/low/lower -rise bottoms, but especially jeans, make your butt look smaller, and sometimes even bootylicious.  Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

High rise.  Unfortunately if I wear mid (I can't even think about low!) rise my muffin top hangs over to top of the jeans that digs in and it's just not comfortable or an attractive look.  I find that high rise jeans make me look slimmer.  However I wear tops out and would never tuck in.

Speaking of "mom jeans" I had a really good laugh a few weeks ago.  My husband downloaded some old videos up into the cloud so I saw a few I had not seen in years.

One was of my son's 3rd birthday party (1991) and I caught a full body glimpse of an old friend who was wearing the classic mom jeans...top tucked in and the jeans were full and billowy from her waist to her thighs.  She had a nice figure but the jeans made her look heavier than she was.  I was laughing until I saw me!!  I was wearing the same thing!! I was much thinner then too but what was I thinking?!!!

You could get the same effect with more-flattering mid rise jeans that have a slimming panel.

They're actually on the higher end of a mid rise, so give 'em a try!

Some of the brands that make them are Levi's (Heart), Lee, and NYDJ, 

Funny story.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Mid rise and occasionally low rise for me.

Respected Contributor

I like midrise for my work clothes.  I wouldn't mind if 1990s high rise came back into fashion but I don't think it will.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

You could get the same effect with more-flattering mid rise jeans that have a slimming panel.

They're actually on the higher end of a mid rise, so give 'em a try!

Some of the brands that make them are Levi's (Heart), Lee, and NYDJ, 

Funny story.  Smiley Happy

Thanks Feline groovy.  I will check out those brands.  I just may find some new favorites!