Honored Contributor

Re: Heres a New Twist for UPS

@Kachina624 wrote:

@I am still oxox  It's coming from QVC.  I got a pkg several weeks ago that had an obscure message about the address.  When they delivered it a day late there was absolutely nothing wrong with the address.  I'm at the end of the route, I think they schedule more than they can deliver.

I'm at the end of routes too - USPS, UPS and Fedex. The packages always come late - sometimes as late as 7-7:30 - but so far, knock wood, I haven't had one they said was delivered that wasn't.

Then again, my niece always leaves Xmas gifts for the mail person & UPS. Couldn't hurt 😉 Now that I'm here I'll probably do the same, as 90% of the delivered pkgs are mine.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I got a package today that was a WEEK later than originally scheduled, and had been in a city 17 miles away since  Friday at 8:21 a.m. and they NEVER gave me an estimated delivery date.  There is something really wrong with their systems.  REALLY wrong.

Respected Contributor

I would get on the phone and call UPS and ask for an agent, you'll get the automated system and just keep saying agent, you'll finally get one and they'll have the story on your package.

Good Luck

Honored Contributor

When a driver is significantly behind scheduled and does not want to work OT,  they lie and say that no one was home to accept delivery.  I work from home most of the week and I sit next to a big bay window with a clear view of the front steps, so I know who comes and goes.  It's like a game now.   When I don't get my expected package by 4:30, I check tracking and 9 out of 10 times, I see that big lie and I get my package the next day.   There is one UPS driver who either likes the OT money or he has integrity.   I have had him deliver as late as 9pm.   One bitterly cold night last Dec, traffic was awful and I got home very late.  He had been to my house,  I wasn't home and he was lugging the box of dishes  (service for 12) back to the truck when he saw me.  He called out to me, he was already at his truck.  I yelled back, that's ok, you can deliver it to me.tomorrow  But he lugged that box all the way back to my house and down the little flight of stairs and he put it right in my dining area for me.  I was so grateful.  They can't accept tips so I gave him a  nice bag of Christmas candy.  So I appreciate the good drivers and accept that I can't do anything about the not so good ones.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I would get on the phone and call UPS and ask for an agent, you'll get the automated system and just keep saying agent, you'll finally get one and they'll have the story on your package.

Good Luck

That never works.  If you have a couple of hours and eventually get lucky and get past the automated line, which is rare and speak with a human.  That human can only look at tracking and said human will tell you what you already saw yourself when you looked at tracking.  Someone sitting in a cubicle 700 miles away from your town has no way of knowing what did or did not happen.  They can only go by what the driver keyed into their system.  They will tell you how sorry they are and assure you that the package will be delivered on the next business day.....because that's what it says on tracking. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just had that happen to me about a week or two ago...I was waiting for a delvery from USPS...he came and went...so I looked up online here and it said undeliverable...wrong name and address...

I called cs and she said the name and address is what shows on their site...which i knew but thought i would check...

I called the P.O....first he asked for the tracking number....when i gave it to him he said thats UPS...i said no its not...its definately USPS....then he said the address was wrong...I said no its not..I get packages from QVC all the time....then he said the post man who delivered the package was told by my neighbors that i had moved away a long time ago...I said no they did not...we have all been here for years....so his last resort was to look for the package...and there it was...ready to be sent to their "dead letter" office in ..i think it was Boston...he sent it to me the next day...

See...all those lies that i was able to call him on...when who knows what that mail person...who was new on the route...actually encountered with that package...

Trusted Contributor

I wish all the delivery compaines had a code for "oops, you'll get it tomorrow," but I'm sure they'd get lots of flack. I think I"ve had one time whern UPS showed delivered, but I didn't get it till the next day. I'm near the start of the route and once the driver made two stops. I was outside when he made the second one and he told me he knew earlier I had two packages but it was easier to make a second stop than find the second package with a full truck. To be fair, I've also had a USPS driver come back with a small package he'd missed..

I get it that a package will get missed once in a while. USPS is the main culpret for me. Most of the time they use "delivered" and I've learned just to wait till the next day. Second favorite is "delivery attempted" ("no one home" - when I'd actually spoken to the driver and indicated that there should be an additional package; or "no secure location" - Really? When a second package was left on my porch the same day and the package itself easily fit in my locked box the next day?). I think the only time I've seen a code related to the address involved packages that hadn't reached the "out for delivery" stage. Since the address on the package was correct (and a couple times it occurred from the same small vendor) I figured it was in the coding that is scanned.

Ok, I'll shut up now. I think I'm still po'd from last week when I ended up emailing both USPS and ONTRAC...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honestly, I just wish UPS would stop trying to keep the useless USPS in business by delivering my packages to them instead of to me.

UPS had a package that was supposed to be delivered to me on Thursday. So they gave it to USPS on Friday and I still don't have the package. The USPS is less than a mile from where I live. 

PLEASE just put us out of our misery and let the USPS go out of business like it should have years ago. 

Respected Contributor

I've gotten these weird messages from both UPS and USPS.  Like mentioned here, I wish there was an "oops" code.  We all understand that better than this made up stuff.  Luckily, I've always gotten the package the next day.

Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of the hand-off to the USPS.  I ordered something one time that was not delivered prior to us going on vacation so was told that if it had not arrived by a certain date to contact them.

Well we went o n vacation returned and I forgot all about the item...three weeks after it was shipped I was in the process of going to tracking to get the last update for my email and imagine my surprise when it was "out-for-delivery" lol..  I think it must of got stuck or fell someplace and they found it.

It can be aggravating if it is something you really are waiting for lol..