Honored Contributor

Heres a New Twist for UPS

[ Edited ]

I've been watching for UPS all day to deliver my new handbag which has been "out for delivery" all day.  It didn't come so I just checked again and now under "package progress" it says:

THE COMPANY OR RECEIVER NAME IS INCORRECT. THIS WILL DELAY DELIVERY. WE'RE ATTEMPTING TO UPDATE THIS INFORMATION.

Do you suppose this means, " it's getting late and I wanna go home.  See you tomorrow"?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Heres a New Twist for UPS

Is it coming from a company you deal with often if not it could be that the address was indeed incorrect and needed to be corrected

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I suppose it could mean exactly what it says, but we may never know.

I do know I am virtually always the last stop of the day for UPS when I am on Long Island for the summer and it's frequently late when they make that delivery.  I can't think of any time tracking said a package was out for delivery that it wasn't here that same day.

Hope your bag shows up tomorrow -  maybe UPS headquarters will solve the mystery.

Honored Contributor

I've gotten strange updates like this before, including one that says something like "apartment number was incorrect".  Well, I don't live in an apartment, and I called  UPS each time I got this message and gave them hell. Yes....it means the driver decided to call it a day and not deliver what was left in the truck. This seems to be a second shift issue.  My morning driver is very good. 

Respected Contributor

UPS is known for saying it was delivered but it really wasn't, especially during the holidays.  Miraculously it gets delivered the next day.  I'm not the only one that it happens to.  Every year on this board you will see someone posting about this. 

Honored Contributor

I tracked a package for two weeks. Some of the tracking comments stated there was a delay or there was unexpected technical problem...blah, blah...It was finally delivered...to someone clear across the country. I'm still working on trying to figure out what the heck...Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  It's coming from QVC.  I got a pkg several weeks ago that had an obscure message about the address.  When they delivered it a day late there was absolutely nothing wrong with the address.  I'm at the end of the route, I think they schedule more than they can deliver.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Or, whoops, it fell behind the seat......

this Debate is making me nervous

Honored Contributor

I have had items that say out for delivery and are never delivered until the following day. I think either the package or stop was missed somewhere along the way

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Hysterical!!! Does make you wonder. Can they say the label is applied at an obtuse angle which will delay delivery ? idk