Occasional Visitor

Help remembering old country song?

Hey everyone!  This clip is from Norway and is a parody of an American country song.  Does anyone recognize what the real song is?  I can't for the life of me remember it!

https://youtu.be/o-tgUUf0Y1s?t=142

Valued Contributor

Re: Help remembering old country song?

[ Edited ]

Wow, you got me stumped on this one!  I suggest using a translation service to translate the webpage, and see if you can get answers or clues from their comments on that YouTube page.  The only clue I could ascertain was "Blurred Lines," but since they are all talking about things I'm unfamiliar with, you may have better luck at figuring this out than I did.  

If you use a Google Chrome browser, all you have to do is go to that webpage, then right-click on an empty (non-link) space on the page, then choose the "Translate To English" option on the pop-up window.  If you don't use Google Chrome, you can google 'how to translate webpages" and find a way that works better for you.  Although I don't know if this translation will even be useful for you at all, since I get the impression you understand the language, anyway.  But, here's hoping it helps. Good luck!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

No idea, but it was a cute video, the owl was amazing and now I'll be thinking about it all day long !!

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

How do you know it's a parody of an American song?  Is there background info posted somewhere?  I didn't see any info on that link.

Honored Contributor

@MaryJane33  there are lots of websites that all you have to do is put in a few words and everything comes up.

I wouldn't know where to start on that!  Ha!

Come back and let us know.  It doesn't even sound very country!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@MaryJane33  there are lots of websites that all you have to do is put in a few words and everything comes up.

I wouldn't know where to start on that!  Ha!

Come back and let us know.  It doesn't even sound very country!

I thought of those websites too, but I couldn't figure out what they are saying.  Seems like I heard "prairie" a couple times???  In order to search, I need some English lyrics, but that would make it too easy.  😜

Respected Contributor

@MaryJane33   The first part of it reminds me of "Y'all Come."   Check out this You Tube video  and see if you agree.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

It has something to do with a wolf, but I couldn't figure it out.