Trusted Contributor

Re: Help With Christmas Gift Ideas For My Son.

How about a gas gift card and a car vac?  A trunk organizer?  Does he need any tools or a toolbox?

Honored Contributor

@september

How about a New Years Eve coupon at a fancy hotel good for 2 nights (New Years Eve & New Years Day)?

Of course you will keep the twins for those 2 nights. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@september

How about a New Years Eve coupon at a fancy hotel good for 2 nights (New Years Eve & New Years Day)?

I would LOVE this myself.  Great idea unless they have a different tradition.

My idea:  Does he have an Echo/Alexa or a Amazon Dot?  Those are electronics that anyone would love if they don't have them already.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@september

I'd love this, but they live far away from me!

Frequent Contributor

@september

How about a Costco gift card? My adult son really enjoys getting them, and he's impossible to buy gifts for.

And you don't have to be a Costco member to use them in the stores.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@september

My idea:  Does he have an Echo/Alexa or a Amazon Dot?  Those are electronics that anyone would love if they don't have them already.

I'll check with him about electronics.  But he does work for a dot com, and tends to have everything new, even before most of us know these things exist.  Yep...he's the guy that has everything.  

Honored Contributor

@hummermom wrote:

@september

How about a Costco gift card? My adult son really enjoys getting them, and he's impossible to buy gifts for.

And you don't have to be a Costco member to use them in the stores.

This would work    I usually go for an Amazon gift card but feel that's become too predictable.  

Respected Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@september

Edit:  I need to change that last sentence to "Most" anyone would love if they have wifi.  You can also use more than one!  Two is really nice.  One for your main room/use and one for the bedroom.  That's my opinion anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

Last year I just got fed up with trying to buy gifts for people who need nothing and have everything....so, I asked those difficult people on my list "what is your favorite charity".  I gave the amount set aside for his/her gift to their charity....to those who needed everything and had nothing....in one case, the charity informed me and the recipient that my donation provided an ultrasound machine to an OB/GYN clinic in Africa....the recipient was a new grandpa and was thrilled and I felt I had restored some meaning into the holiday....which has been missing for some time, for me..

Honored Contributor

The charity gift idea is a good one and one that my siblings and I often turn to for each other.

For younger family members, I prefer to give them something they need, or want and can't quite afford.