Occasional Contributor

Help! I am in Hairball Hades!!!

I have 3 cats (indoor 24/7). I work 12 hr shifts 4 days a week and for the past several months the hairball occurances have skyrocketed to the point that I can't take it anymore!! Everything is fine on my days off, no matter if I hang out all day at home or go do errands and whatnot. It's when I am gone to work that I come home to at least 1-2 hairballs (in a wall to wall carpeted apt). There was even one on my dining room WALL just a few days ago!!! Gag!! How does THAT happen??? They are on hairball formula food, given Laxatone routinely, are all shorthair. I don't know what else to do except have them shaved!! I really don't know what else to do. They are 12yrs, 7yrs and 4 yrs old. Nothing new has happened in the last several months to stess them out that I can think of. I wish I could set up a "nanny cam" to see who is the culprit and then I would at least be able to narrow it down to which one is doing it or are all 3 having issues!! Anyone with any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.