Respected Contributor

Re: Have your local radio stations...

The only radio I listen to is the satellite station in our car-50's on 5. They play it around Christmas day. I was a bit surprised to see the "Yule Log" video and Christmas tunes on the Hallmark TV channel on Thanksgiving Day. They do that on Christmas Day and it makes a great background for the day, preparing dinner and opening gifts. 

Respected Contributor

I love to have the Christmas station on in my car all season, puts me in the spirit and I find myself singing along alot! It's a cheery thing!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I haven't heard any Christmas music yet.  But, to be fair, I listen mainly to NPR and Sports Talk.

Honored Contributor

I stream most of my music, I don't recall how long the dedicated Xmas channels have been available.......

Valued Contributor

I absolutely adore that you gave props to The Ramones here @Irshgrl31201!

Valued Contributor

Hello Miss Maggie!  Have you ever heard Alicia Keys' version of O Holy Night?  I don't typically care for newer covers of the traditional songs... I want to hear the oldies!  But Alicia does such a SPECTACULAR rendition!!  Check out this live performance and tell me it doesn't give you chills...  CLICK.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We  have satellite radio and they aren't playing it yet on our favorite channel but they will start soon. They have channels that play nothing but Christmas music from now until Christmas. I enjoy listening to it - DH does not so I play it when he isn't here.

Esteemed Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

Hello Miss Maggie!  Have you ever heard Alicia Keys' version of O Holy Night?  I don't typically care for newer covers of the traditional songs... I want to hear the oldies!  But Alicia does such a SPECTACULAR rendition!!  Check out this live performance and tell me it doesn't give you chills...  CLICK.

@AliJoi5, thank you for that link! I love Alicia, but tenor David Phelps was born to sing this song. I am going to TRY to post a link here for you to listen to.  http://youtu.be/ElJ0fiD0lkc

Cripes, I'm so technologically challenged on my iPad. If this works, let me know what u think!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, but I don't listen because they play songs I abhor: Saw Mommy Kissing S C, the Chipmunks, Drummer Boy, Berl Ives anything... I do like England's Carol.

Honored Contributor

I haven't even checked yet ..... I listen to mostly NPR talk radio, so I wouldn't notice.