Valued Contributor

Have your local radio stations...

...turned over to Christmas music yet?  When ours start, which they have, I will leave them on now until they change back over in January.  I love to hear all of my favorites every year.  But a lot of people I know either can't stand it or tire of it very quickly.  So... do you listen?  What's your favorite?  I have many, of course, but my very favorite may be Sinatra's I'll Be Home for Christmas. Glowing Star

I figured in light of the tragic news coming out of CO tonight, maybe a lighter topic might lift some spirits...

"When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.  When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too."  ~Paulo Coelho

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have your local radio stations...

I have Sirius XM and I usually listrn to their holiday stations.

Respected Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

...turned over to Christmas music yet?  When ours start, which they have, I will leave them on now until they change back over in January.  I love to hear all of my favorites every year.  But a lot of people I know either can't stand it or tire of it very quickly.  So... do you listen?  What's your favorite?  I have many, of course, but my very favorite may be Sinatra's I'll Be Home for Christmas. Glowing Star

I figured in light of the tragic news coming out of CO tonight, maybe a lighter topic might lift some spirits...

"When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.  When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too."  ~Paulo Coelho

Our local Christian station started Christmas music on Wednesday.  It is so nice to hear!  I totally agree with you about the Classics, AliJoi!  Love those "oldies but goodies."  Guess I would choose two favorites, but I love them all!  I like Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" and Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time."  I also love "Do You Hear What I Hear?" by any artist!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

@Pandalady  I was thiiiiis close to listing The Christmas Song as my favorite too!  I also love Christmas Canon by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Children's Choir.  That song is so beautiful it's transcendent! 

Thanks for sharing!!

Respected Contributor

@AliJoi5

I love that one, too!  Do you like Manneheim Steamroller?  I believe they are awesome and handle these classic songs with such dignity!  My birthday is the 23rd, so it's hard choosing just one song to love!

Merry Christmas, my friend!  Thanks for this thread! Cat Very Happy

Panda lady

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I started listening to the local one today that broadcasts Christmas music.  It's comforting to hear the old favorites.  "Happy Holiday" was played a lot today.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

I especially love the Andy William's version @GingerPeach!  And you're right... it's so comforting, isn't it?

Trusted Contributor

I'm aware of one local station that plays Christmas music 24/7....there may be more.  They play the same few loops of music throughout the whole holiday season and it gets on my last nerve.

I play music that we have collected over the years.  Or, I'll tune into Pandora.  Even our cable provider has a few decent holiday channels for Christmas music.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

One of the programmed stations on the "dial" in my car switched over to all Christmas music on November 1, and I love it!  I'm one of those goofballs you see singing at the top of their lungs and seat dancing with a stupid smile when you pass me on the highway.  

Valued Contributor

Yes @Pandalady!  They actually played Do Your Hear What I Hear on the radio tonight!!  You don't hear that version very often. 

My very dear friend's birthday is also the 23rd.  She always told me that when she was younger, her birthday was often "consolidated" with Christmas and that it was a major bummer.  So I always make sure we celebrate it right!

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to you too!!