Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever won a contest?

I usually do not talk about this, but, I enter contests and sweepstakes as a full time hobby. I started in 1987 and have won everything you can imagine including two cars.  My most recent win was $1000  in  the H&R Block $1000 a day giveaway That has been advertised on TV lately.   I enter everything both online and snail mail.

It is just what I do. I am like  Trump....I want to WIN!   I spend about 4 hours a day entering.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I usually do not talk about this, but, I enter contests and sweepstakes as a full time hobby. I started in 1987 and have won everything you can imagine including two cars.  My most recent win was $1000  in  the H&R Block $1000 a day giveaway That has been advertised on TV lately.   I enter everything both online and snail mail.

It is just what I do. I am like  Trump....I want to WIN!   I spend about 4 hours a day entering.

@SeaMaiden - that's amazing!  Did you win the cars online in contests or at dealerships?  Good for you!

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Never!

@DiAnne - me either - I guess some people are much luckier than others. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden - that's amazing!  Did you win the cars online in contests or at dealerships?  Good for you!

@hoosieroriginal  one car was a local radio sweepstakes. The other was from a  national  sweepstakes sponsored I believe from Kraft foods. Both I entered by mail.

Honored Contributor

I won a package of plywood paneling at a Home Show where my husband was exhibiting something else.    I think the plywood was a sample......it was worthless to me.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden

That is amazing!!!!!

Won anything from Publishing Clearing House?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Back when I was in high school I won $10.00 from our local radio station to a local drug store.  I think I had to be the 10th caller or something like that.  I have no idea what I got with my big money but the radio station and that drug store are both long gone now.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden

That is amazing!!!!!

Won anything from Publishing Clearing House?

@Mz iMac  I always enter Publishers.....never have won but plan to some day!   I do not play the lottery....leave that to my husband. 

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on your definition of the word CONTEST.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

In HS I won two free LPs --- Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick albums.

I won a Ronzoni pasta recipe contest-- it came in 2nd place.

Recently won a Lancome $150 gift certificate from their sweepstakes and I chose the Absolute Precious Cells Night Cream as my prize.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼