Respected Contributor

Have you ever won a contest?

Watching Kathie Lee and Hoda giveaway - have you ever won anything?

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever won a contest?

Does a spelling bee count?

Honored Contributor

I won $2 in Powerball.  It wasn't the billion but I did get something.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I won Wynonna concert tickets years & years ago. Tickets to another concert, but it ended up being canceled. I don't even remember who it was. I won makeup from temptalia's site. That was a good one. $50 once on a scratch off.

Super Contributor

I recently won a $10 check from Publishers Clearughouse.  Yers ago I won tennis shoes and tote but never received them.

Respected Contributor

I won a gift bag this past Christmas in a drawing at a hair salon. I don't remember the last time I won anything so I was pretty excited when they called and said I won. Unfortunately it was filled with a product line for curly hair and my hair is stick straight.  I ended up giving it to someone with that hair type. 

Honored Contributor

When I was a kid I won a hand-held video game from a contest I didn't even remember entering.

In high school, my journalism teacher submitted all of our exam essays to a USA Today essay contest on the first amendment and I won first place. I won $1000, a trip to Washington DC to tour USA Today and go to a luncheon at the National Press Club, and was invited to a dinner in San Francisco (not far from me) by the journalism teacher of one of the honorable mentions. I got to meet Helen Thomas at the Press Club lunch, which was probably the highlight of the trip.

And I've won a few small things in raffles, but nothing really big.

Frequent Contributor

In a former job, my name was pulled from our employee appreciation week drawing. I won 2 round-trip tickets to anywhere in the continental U.S., 4 night Marriott stay, and $500 spending money. Took my son to Disney and Sea World He was 8. Great memories!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First time I won some money was on a horse race. LOL!!! My grandmother lived across the street from a shopping outlet where there was a grocery store. I always went over to buy fruit & got a ticket which I won. I thought that was the neatest thing. Of course I was just a little kid.

I have also won an albumn, a birthday cake, t-shirt, a few freebies from Allure's giveaways, candle wax to make candles with, small amounts of money on lottery tickets. Can't think of anything else right off.

Respected Contributor

@Leelynn wrote:

In a former job, my name was pulled from our employee appreciation week drawing. I won 2 round-trip tickets to anywhere in the continental U.S., 4 night Marriott stay, and $500 spending money. Took my son to Disney and Sea World He was 8. Great memories!! 

@Leelynn - wish I had worked for an employer like that!  Mine were all cheapees.