Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Caught the Fever?

@SahmIam wrote:

@Noel7   Oops, left out a word.

He pulled UP some charges people have faced....

Different articles as buddies of his wanted to play and the parents said no based on some of the things IDIOTS have been doing to get these photos. Yes, PHOTOS but there will always be those who take it too far.

Oh, and of course, they have to VLOG while doing it causing more problems.

Play, don't play... I don't care. Just giving my opinion as I was made aware of it by my teenagers.

@SahmIam

My understanding is that they don't have to do anything to get the photos except turn up where one of the little pix is reported to be. 

From what our police are saying, it's the kids playing who are in danger, they're not the ones causing trouble.

It turns out, we have one near our house and have seen a couple of young nerdy looking guys walking up the street with their phone out, scanning for the right GPS setting.

I think it's kind of silly, but the kids are out and walking so I guess that's a good thing as long as they are in a safe place.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 I think it depends on the ages; I always thought of Pokeman to be somethng for little kids but older teens seem to be loving it as well. 

It takes two; don't go creeping around someone's house at night and then be shocked when they come out with a baseball bat....

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

I don't usually play games & never with other people or using anything that requires I share info or location. 

I keep a simple solitaire game on my cell for when I am sitting around waiting & need a distraction/time waster. Sadly, I have been spending a lot of time in waiting rooms lately because I am taking an elderly relative to doctor appointments & I am sick of solitaire.

As as a result, I recently added a few Starbucks freebie of the week games & am enjoying one called Domino Drop. 

I have no interest in becoming obsessed with any game or getting to the next level, etc. I do sometimes enjoy memory games, etc. I know those are good for our minds. I keep meaning to try Lumosity. 

Lumosity costs money. You can sign up to be charged monthly, a one year plan, a two year plan, or lifetime membership at $299.

The two year plan is $89.00

Esteemed Contributor

I just heard on the radio that a company's policy is personal cell phones are okay, but no cameras out due to sensitive documents.  A guy suddenly noticed a flying Zubat and started taking pictures and got caught.  Sounds like he's out of a job.  That's an extreme Pokemon fan!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My grandkids are NOT allowed to have that Pokemon app. They're luring people (and have robbed them).

One of my grandkids explained it to me today; You follow the map on your phone and go outside to said place where it tells you to find the Pokemon. The Pokemon is NOT literally at the place, it just shows up on your phone LIKE its there and your phone tells you that you found it when you get there (if you understand what I mean).

Very dangerous and ridiculous. Its like sure tell the thief, killer, etc where you are so they can grab you. Stupid app!

Yet millions are downloading it daily and playing. So yes expect to read more tragedies from this game on the news. Sad but true!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Noel7 I think it depends on the ages; I always thought of Pokeman to be somethng for little kids but older teens seem to be loving it as well. 

It takes two; don't go creeping around someone's house at night and then be shocked when they come out with a baseball bat....

@SahmIam

Yes, I agree, it should be at least done in twos, but there would be no creeping around involved, you don't have to be on the property.

I find no stories of anyone coming out with a bat, but a lot about luring people with smartphones to certain areas and then robbing the unsuspecting players.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I don't usually play games & never with other people or using anything that requires I share info or location. 

I keep a simple solitaire game on my cell for when I am sitting around waiting & need a distraction/time waster. Sadly, I have been spending a lot of time in waiting rooms lately because I am taking an elderly relative to doctor appointments & I am sick of solitaire.

As as a result, I recently added a few Starbucks freebie of the week games & am enjoying one called Domino Drop. 

I have no interest in becoming obsessed with any game or getting to the next level, etc. I do sometimes enjoy memory games, etc. I know those are good for our minds. I keep meaning to try Lumosity. 

Lumosity costs money. You can sign up to be charged monthly, a one year plan, a two year plan, or lifetime membership at $299.

The two year plan is $89.00

Last time I checked there was a free version of the app. That is what I would use. I know people who use the paid version though.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

My grandkids are NOT allowed to have that Pokemon app. They're luring people (and have robbed them).

One of my grandkids explained it to me today; You follow the map on your phone and go outside to said place where it tells you to find the Pokemon. The Pokemon is NOT literally at the place, it just shows up on your phone LIKE its there and your phone tells you that you found it when you get there (if you understand what I mean).

Very dangerous and ridiculous. Its like sure tell the thief, killer, etc where you are so they can grab you. Stupid app!

Yet millions are downloading it daily and playing. So yes expect to read more tragedies from this game on the news. Sad but true!

I don't understand?  Who is luring the players? Do other players, put out the locations?

Honored Contributor

They just had a segment on the TV news here about the new app - a police warning against using it.

Honored Contributor

Say this Tweet in your best Southern Mama accent.💛

Texas Department of Transportation got it right. ❣

image.jpeg