Respected Contributor

Has anyone seen the Honey Nut Cherrios Commerical ?

Cute, Cute commercial with mom's and kids dancing together.  They are focusing on importance of eating heart healthy cereal.  I think it's so cute !

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone seen the Honey Nut Cherrios Commerical ?

[ Edited ]

I love that commercial too.  So cute. 

Honored Contributor

When that comes on, it makes me want to dance.

And that is something I won't subject anyone to (except my cats when no one else is home!).

Honored Contributor

I love that commercial but until this post I was so absorbed in the dancing that I never noticed what the commercial was for.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Too bad it is hiding the fact that the cereal is like eating a bowl of candy bars with all the sugar in it.      BAD ADVERTISING.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Too bad it is hiding the fact that the cereal is like eating a bowl of candy bars with all the sugar in it.      BAD ADVERTISING.

As well as the cross contamination of Gluten free cereal that they at first tried to hide and then had to eventually do a recall.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Or you could see the other side.

Promotes parent child play, fun, and interaction.

Selling a food (though processed and against many people's ideas of 'good' food) that is fortified with additional vitamins and minerals, better than many of the other choices on the shelves out there, and not at all 'bad' when eaten in the suggested portion size.

Brightens the day of some of us who see it and makes us smile.

See, there is something good.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Selling a food (though processed and against many people's ideas of 'good' food) that is fortified with additional vitamins and minerals, better than many of the other choices on the shelves out there, and not at all 'bad' when eaten in the suggested portion size.

When you sell food that is supposed to be harmless and it is not and then you try covering this up that is not  "good for you" JMO. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Commercials have a hidden addenda. A form of brainwashing.  While you are smiling and being entertained....you are not being told the truth.This is especially true with cereal commercials. There are healthier foods to eat

Esteemed Contributor

There was another commercial (older) for Cheerios with an adorable little girl. The actual commercial isn't as cute as the dancers but when I saw the little girl, for some reason, I was an instant fan. One evening I was watching "Life in Pieces" and there she was. Her name is Giselle Eisenberg, and she plays the part of Sophia. She's  a great little actress. 

Here's a link if you'd like to watch her in action ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9z8ERkNsls