Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Ordered From Vermont Country Store?

I used to live in VT and I loved shopping there!

Of course, no shipping was involved.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Yes I have a quilt and a Chanille bedspread. Very good quality. I have bought soaps for gifts. 

The place to look for perfumes from 60s and 70s.  Gee your hair smells terrific, tabu, white shoulders, tweed etc. I did not buy them like to look. No bargains.

Respected Contributor

I love to browse their catalog. I have ordered a few things - mostly things from their group of "old things" that you can't find anymore. A couple of little kitchen items for sure. No problem with their shipping costs as I was happy to find some treasures they don't seem to make anymore.

Trusted Contributor

I've ordered from VCS many times over the years. I Hearttheir selection of "forgotten" and unusual items. I don't mind paying the extra $$ for shipping because I have never received an item with the QVC quality control issues. Their product is wonderful old brand names or recreated from the original weave, mold, recipe, etc. It's just a cool place to shop. Wish I lived close enough to visit in person.  

Sometimes they will offer free shipping if you spend a certain dollar amount. A couple of months ago I believe it was $69.00. Sign up to get the paper catalog and order a non pricey item. Once you do, I imagine you will be sent free shipping offers in the future. Don't quote me on it, but that was my experience.

dee

Trusted Contributor

I've received several Lanz gowns & P J's, a Bates bedspread, and a summer hat, all first rate. I had trouble with the hat sizing and CS could not have been more helpful. None of their products are "dumbed down" or "created specifically for the Q customer" i.e. cheap. If you are used to and demand quality, VCS is your place.

dee

Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle

well said!

Respected Contributor

i have ordered from them and i am very impressed.  if you can no longer find something that you love, this is the place to go. 

i'm happy that we have this company available.  so, it may cost a little bit more, but just finding something you really love is worth it.

Honored Contributor

I have ordered from them several times......  And am very pleased with the items.  Especially the tablecloths.  I have a 40" dining table....and like to use a 52" square cloth on my table.  I recently ordered 2 of them because they are sometimes very difficult to find one I really like.....  Got free shipping on them.....  Also ordered a pink candy bowl......  It is really pretty.  That was included in the order of the cloths. 

Just got an e-mail this afternoon from them for anything for a complete Easter breakfast.  Not just food.....  Some very nice things available. 

Remember the raspberry filled candy that was usually sold at Christmas time at the grocery store or drug store.....well, they sell it there.  Put in an order for them, each piece individually wrapped.   Will be putting them in the pink bowl I got. 

They do sell some very beautiful Eileen West things too......but haven't ordered any of that yet.  A little on the expensive side. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have also ordered some Moser glass items from them too.

I collect old jadeite and it's difficult to find footed cake plates. I got green and pink versions from the Vermont Country Store.

I like the way that they support old, established United States businesses. Yes, they cost more, but some things are worth it.

I like to buy American...another reason why I love Penzey's too!

Honored Contributor

I tend to order around Black Friday and Christmas sales. The past two years I bought nightgowns and jammies at about 1/3 of their cost. I like their unique selection of products, too. One time I bought a dress and I thought it looked matronly in person so I sent it back; some shipping costs were deducted but I received a prompt credit according to their return policy. I love reading their catalogue!