Honored Contributor

Has Anyone Ordered From Vermont Country Store?

I love to brouse their catalog.  Their items are SO unusual. I did order a fleece bed jacket in the winter because I don't like the weight of a full robe when I'm getting ready in the morning.  The item wasn't available anywhere else, unfortunately, and their postage is extremely high.

Image result for vermont country store catalog

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Ordered From Vermont Country Store?

I have ordered a nightgown and some pj's, also a tablecloth. I don't order often because of the shipping, but the quality of the items that I ordered was first rate.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their prices can be high, but they have some items I haven't seen anywhere else. I live in Buffalo - home of Gurley candles. I still have some from my mother - 50s vintage. She had a stash that she never burned.

I bought some for presents for my cousins - we had relatives who worked at the candle factory!

I have some beautiful tableclothes from them - their basketweave type and a modern version of vintage floral cloths by April Cornell.

Valued Contributor

Yes...for many years and I love being in the store-

They can be a bit pricey on some things and yes, the postage can be high-but, I love that they consistently carry certain items year after year-they are usually the first place I go for nightgowns.  And, whenever I'm looking for old fashioned candies-interesting stuff-

Honored Contributor

I have used them in the past , but they can be pricey at times, especially their  beauty products

I have found the same thing, at less than 1/2 the price, elsewhere

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have ordered from this company several times.   I only order when they offer free shipping.   

Regular Contributor

I like browsing the site but haven't 'pulled the trigger' lol.

Nice variety imo.

Honored Contributor

I have ordered more from them in the past than I would now. The types of things I order, they are very overpriced, not just a little, and there is rarely if ever any kind of real price break, s&h or otherwise, for me.

In my own experience with them, they have not been the greatest customer service-wise either, in terms of communication.

The fact that what I would order never goes on sale, they're overpriced to start with, and the s&h means I'm "over" Vermont Country Store. I used to buy at least 2-3 times a year but no more. I've found alternatives.

Their quality is good in most instances, but that's not enough to keep me from feeling ripped off. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@terrier3 ~ Love Gurley candles!  I have so many ~ I've been collecting them for years!  (Gurley & Tavern candles).  I even have some still in the original packaging, never opened.  I decorate with them every season ~ right now a large rabbit and yellow chicks are on the mantel.

@ECBG ~ I haven't ordered from them in awhile but whatever I have ordered I really liked.  My mom loves their flannel nightgowns so I usually get her one from there every Christmas.  Like others have mentioned, the shipping is high but I try to wait for a free shipping if you spend so much offer.

Valued Contributor

Yes, it is worth a mention, that their shipping can also be a wee bit sloooow-

But, I used to send things to my Mom and it was the one place I could actually trust without worry,  that the gift box and ribbon would be pretty and the quality would be good-so I accept the rest.