Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Our Bank sends us a large box of goodie from Harry and David every year.

We love everything we always receive.  

Bank?.  You must do a lot of business with them. I don't know anyone who get gifts from their bank

I have a company.    Several of my friends that also have a company receive goodies from the same Bank.   It is a great Bank.   

Honored Contributor

I ordered a cheesecake from them last year.  They have supposedly taken over the Cheesecake Factory's mail order business.  What I got was a far cry from what the CF has shipped in the past and they sent to wrong flavor, so I at least ended up with two pitiful little things.  Will never order those again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have received and given the pears.  The are good, but they must be eaten quickly.  They arrive ripe and begin deteriorating immediately unlike grocery store bought pears.

Respected Contributor

I had a very bad experience with them years ago.  I had placed several orders for dear family members, and about half were never delivered.  I made a complaint with their customer service dept. and never got a response.  I can't think of a worse experience or customer service. 

Respected Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I have received and given the pears.  The are good, but they must be eaten quickly.  They arrive ripe and begin deteriorating immediately unlike grocery store bought pears.

Hmmm . . . this is not the experience my parents have had. (I send pears every couple of years -- like to mix it up a little as far as gifts!)

Honored Contributor

Sweet Pepper Relish is to die for and so are the others.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Our Trader Joe's has Harry and David pears right now.  They are around $7 for four pears.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

gmkb wrote:

@gmkb

that is one of the reasons why i recommended comice pears from pittman and davis. they are not all ripe......a few may be, but the majority of them are still hard. i usually keep them in their box and leave them in the garage. that seems to be the perfect temperature for them. i bring them in a few at a time for us to eat.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

Hmmm . . . this is not the experience my parents have had. (I send pears every couple of years -- like to mix it up a little as far as gifts!)

I receive a basket every year and every year it's included pears, nuts, cheese, crackers, candy, etc., oh--and sometimes apples. They also send a jar of pepper and onion relish that, to be honest, I thought sounded disgusting...until I tried it. It's really delicious. 

I have to say that while the fruit is good and tasty, so is the fruit from the grocery store. And while they do their very best to cushion everything just right, there are always a few bruises that I think must have occurred in travel. They also don't last any longer than store bought, and I have to refrigerate them or they start to deteriorate quickly. It's nice to have something healthy during this season of sugary goodies.

My very most favorite part of the gift is always the basket. I have a nice collection and I use them for all sorts of things...mostly in the kitchen. One has bags of popcorn, one has K-cups that don't fit in the carousel, and so on. They're very pretty and, as I use them throughout the year, I'm reminded of the person who sent them. It's a gift I look forward to every year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Moose Munch !!!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust