Valued Contributor
Have any of you ordered from this catalog?
Are the snacks good?
Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and David

[ Edited ]

I have always sent pears to family members during the holidays and everyone loved them!  I also sent  Christmas amaryllis (spelling) bulbs that received rave reviews.  I would feel very comfortable ordering from Harry and David.

Honored Contributor

They are in general very good. But only you can decide if "very good" is worth the ridiculous prices plus high shipping.

If money was no object I would use them all the time - quality stuff. But on my budget, I don't do it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Our Bank sends us a large box of goodie from Harry and David every year.

We love everything we always receive.  

Honored Contributor

if you are doing pears, i love the comice pears from pittman and davis. we get about ten boxes each holiday to give as gifts. we keep one for ourselves and then reorder in january. they are so juicy, sweet, and good!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor
I'm thinking of sending something to our son's in-laws. He and DIL and baby are going to Minnesota to visit for Christmas.
I think I will try this. Smiley Happy. Thanks
Honored Contributor

@sylviahomeatlast wrote:
I'm thinking of sending something to our son's in-laws. He and DIL and baby are going to Minnesota to visit for Christmas.

The pears are delicious, and the Moose Munch is yummy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Our Bank sends us a large box of goodie from Harry and David every year.

We love everything we always receive.  

Bank?.  You must do a lot of business with them. I don't know anyone who get gifts from their bank

Trusted Contributor

My kids and/or sister have sent me variety baskets from H&D for years and I can honestly say that there has never been even one product in them that was not top quality.  Even some things (like sausage, as an example) that I usually would pass up in normal circumstances, H&D's is so good that I usually consume every last bit of it.

The pears (along with all their fruit) are exceptional, their truffles are to die for, their cheeses and spreads just fantastic.  The chocolates are truly some of the best I have ever had.

You can't go wrong, imo and who-ever you gift it to will be more than pleased.  H&D really knows what they are doing and will not settle for anything less than the best.  How they do it year after year, I haven't a clue, but I have received them for so many years that I can attest to the fact that they always send the absolute best.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sylviahomeatlast wrote:

The pears are delicious, and the Moose Munch is yummy.

I've been in some of their stores at the outlets and received their goodies as gifts.  Very good quality and presentation.   My favorites are the Moose Munch and the pears too!