Esteemed Contributor

Hark! What Is This Wet Stuff Falling From the Sky?

IT'S RAINING!!!! Woo-hoo! :-) Northwestern California is getting some rain!  We're supposed to get a quarter inch of it. I was so happy to see rain again, that I went outside, stretched out my arms, turned my face skyward, and let the drops bathe my face. The ground is so dry, that it'll soak up the water like a sponge, but at least it'll help the fire fighters, who are still working on puting out wild fires. In fact, if I listen really, really hard, I can almost hear them cheering.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hark! What Is This Wet Stuff Falling From the Sky?

Plaid Pants2 ~ The insomniac is still wide awake.  So happy to read your news about the rain.  I hope it keeps up! Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

Plaid Pants, I am not sure I would recognize rain nor would my brown front yard if I saw it.  But I am so happy for you.  I live near Sacramento and it's been so dry here as well as where you are.

Trusted Contributor

Wonderful news.

On fire and dry here too,big storm with 60mph winds expected today over a wide area,very worried about fires spreading and more starting. Smiley Sad

I am in North Idaho.

Enjoy that rain.

Honored Contributor

This past week we've had 5 of 7 days of rain. Its raining again right now. Woman Sad

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, drat! The rain has stopped. :-( It didn't last very long. Still, it was nice to get that little bit. Maybe it's an indication of what our fall and winter will be like. Maybe this is the beginning of the storm door being opened. As my mother use to say, "Just enough to settle the dust". At this point, a few drops are better than none. Maybe this was a preview of what's to come.

Trusted Contributor

I bet it smells good outside.

Honored Contributor

It's raining here in western WA state . We are in a serious drought situation too and especially in the eastern part of the state. Horrendous wild fires going on. Hopefully they will get some rain too. but first high winds are forecast. Supposed to rain until next Friday too. Also heard that there will be a super, duper El Nino this year and  from Ca down across the southwest and east, there will be torrential rains. We up here will be drier and warmer than normal---again!! Look up Godzilla El Nino.

Respected Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

Wonderful news.

On fire and dry here too,big storm with 60mph winds expected today over a wide area,very worried about fires spreading and more starting. Smiley Sad

I am in North Idaho.

Enjoy that rain.

Hi spud188!  I have wondered about you, Are the fires close to you? I'm sure the smoke is. We have had it for about 10 days here, today we also are supposed to get those hard winds that I hate, I hope more fires don't get started and that it will rain. Cloudy here, and about three drops, lol. Pray for rain! Take care.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

It poured last night and we had a football game. It rained at my house just west of the stadium and I was watching the game and just waiting for it to hit, 20 minutes later they delayed the game with 3:20 minutes left on the clock. At least we won.  Go KC Chiefs!