Honored Contributor

Hallmark Cards now in DollarTree!

I was surprised to see Hallmark cards in my Dollar Tree today.   they are 2/$1 - they look smaller but still have the Hallmark  stamp.  I didn't see the other brand they used to sell.  I guess I need to go there more. 

Publix used to have a big large display when you walked in store...the cards been moved to cookie aisle and very small selection & area.  Also, our local Hallmark store is slowly starting to look "empty".

Guess, people aren't buying $3-9 cards anymore...I found some nice cards today!  Perfect.

I also saw wrapping paper & bags from Hallmark on a end cap.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Cards now in DollarTree!

[ Edited ]

Electronics killed the greeting card industry and people don't wrap presents any more. They just 'ship-to' from amazon with a greeting message attached. So I guess HM has to sell their cards and paper somewhere.

Honored Contributor

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had switched over.

The other brand was getting a little old, as in the same cards year after year.  I wonder how many times I sent the same card to the same person!

Esteemed Contributor

Funny that you say that @CelticCrafter

I have received so many duplicate birthday and anniversary cards from my mom

thru the years.

Small selection means lots of duplicates.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I also bought four packs of the small-ish note cards (blank inside).  Six cards in each package.

Another nearby dollar store didn't seem (yet) to have the Hallmark, just the previous manufacturer.  (Of course, they could have been stashed in there somewhere, though.)  I didn't have the time to look through the displays.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Hallmark cards are getting to be so expensive, good to know I can get them from Dollar Tree.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  that's awesome  I buy cards there anyway.

Honored Contributor

They've probably "dumbed them down" like they would if they sold them at QVC.  I don't send a lot of cards but more than a few years ago, I bought two large boxes of card at QVC.  One box was Christmas  cards and the other was mixed cards.  Each card was different and appeared to be hand-made.  They were beautiful and have made card sending very convenient and economical

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Not sure I've ever heard that term but I will say there is a large selection, including special occasions, age (for special years, every other occassion one could think of!  I couldn't find the specific card I went in to get.   Most are traditional Hallmark "lovey dovey & mushy" verses😉

I will say the card stock is "thinner" and cards are a bit smaller in size,but heck 2/$1 works for me.

I like to send special cards and keep a assortment on hand.  I stocked up thru the year when Publix had BOGO  during Christmas Mother's day, etc. -- they didn't limit to just specific holiday.

On the other hand, I liked the cards at Dollar Tree before not so sure about now.  I also go to Dollar General although they start at $1.  

Frequent Contributor

I was at our local dollar tree when they were switching over to the Hallmark Cards.  Recently purchased some cards at Dollar Tree.  Pleasantly surprised at what you could get for 2/$1.  They also have some for a $1 each that are a bit bigger and have a bit more to them.  The cost of cards is outrageous at Hallmark Stores.  I buy fewer and fewer cards at Hallmark Stores, especially now with Dollar Tree carrying these cards.