Regular Contributor

HOW to Leave a Xmas Tip For UPS Delivery Man

Our UPS delivery man puts our packages on our front step, often when it's dark out, rings the doorbell and is off & running! So if I wanted to leave him a Christmas gift/tip, HOW would I do it? Anybody else have this situation? I feel I should gift him because we shop A LOT online.

Respected Contributor

Re: HOW to Leave a Xmas Tip For UPS Delivery Man

I don't tip the UPS guy. It's never the same one and I don't order too much on-line. Maybe you could tape an envelope on your from door if that is where he always leaves your packages. Just make sure it's a day you are expecting a delivery.

Honored Contributor

Leave the light on when you're expecting a package and put a sign on the door saying UPS ring doorbell. Then you can hand it to him/her.
Esteemed Contributor

I have the same problem with the UPS man and the Postman....they both drop and run...by the time I get to the door...they are long gone....I have two gift cards laying here waiting for my chance to catch them......I just recently caught up with my paper person....almost missed him, too....I ran out in my jammies and barefoot on a cold rainy day and called out to him...lol....

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.blink} Frankly, that is there job to leave the package by the door. I do not tip the UPS man because, it is never the same one. I wish they would have us sign for the packages instead of them leaving the packages and running off. I would just leave the light on out side and then just hand it to him.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/19/2014 circles said:

I have the same problem with the UPS man and the Postman....they both drop and run...by the time I get to the door...they are long gone....I have two gift cards laying here waiting for my chance to catch them......I just recently caught up with my paper person....almost missed him, too....I ran out in my jammies and barefoot on a cold rainy day and called out to him...lol....

You went to a lot of trouble. What a nice caring person you are. I hope they appreciated it.

Trusted Contributor

In our area they often change the route for the drivers at holiday time so don’t just leave it (like in your mailbox or taped to your door) or it may not get to the right person. They are not suppose to accept tips, especially the postal workers – they can get in trouble. So coordinate it well to be sure you get it to the correct person and that he/she is alone. Even if you have to wait until after the holiday has passed, your extra efforts will surely be appreciated.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.