Honored Contributor

Re: HARRY LONDON CHOCOLATES NOW USING AN FDA APPROVED CORROSIVE IN.....

@Ketra wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Sodium hydroxide in  products is food-grade and designated as safe for general use in food by the FDA1. Sodium hydroxide has been widely used in drinking water as a pH adjusting agent and is also used in food processing. It has a long history of safe use in these applications.

Many foods contain sodium hydroxide: olives are softened in NaOH before canning, chocolate and soft drink utilize it in their processing, it adds color to caramel, washing and chemical peeling of fruits and vegetables occurs with NaOH, it acts as a thickening agent in ice cream, and as a glaze on German pretzels to create the crispy, light crust.

@sunshine45 @sidsmom 

I got my information from

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Sodium-hydroxide

People can read for themselves at the National Institue of Health (NIH), National Center For Biotechnology Information (NCBI). This is where physicians go to research.

I can read for myself and decide whether or not something is safe. I don’t have to keep believing in organizations that continously let us down, and which I believe are not looking after our health.

just giving an ADDITIONAL side to the story......so as to avoid mass hysteria.

i personally have no issues with the company or with harry london chocolates.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
QVC Customer Care

Re: HARRY LONDON CHOCOLATES USING A FDA APPROVED CORROSIVE IN THEIR CHOC....

QVC Customer Care

Re: HARRY LONDON CHOCOLATES USING A FDA APPROVED CORROSIVE IN THEIR CHOC....

This thread is closed for commenting...