Respected Contributor

Re: HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE......

That really is a cute tea pot. dooBdoo hope that your feeling better. I just gave away a bunch of tea pots to a cousin that collects them. My crew here were not really attached to them so I thought might as well give them to someone who will appreciate them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cater you are a polski mess....you remind me of my sister....dang!  You get things done efficiently (not correct spelling.....) in your own time and manner......middle of the night.....crack of dawn....or a month or two or three late!  Luv it!!!! You crack me up!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

If I am out in this kitchen when my son gets up at 3am to get ready to go to work I am going to hear some smart remarks from him. When he got up and I was still writing Christmas cards out he thought I had lost my brains. So I told him guess I would go to bed then he said " might as well sit here and I will make you coffee" so I did that. Won't be too much of a shock he has already come out here and I was baking. 

Oh cater......he is so funny with his dry sense of humor. 

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

That really is a cute tea pot. dooBdoo hope that your feeling better. I just gave away a bunch of tea pots to a cousin that collects them. My crew here were not really attached to them so I thought might as well give them to someone who will appreciate them.

Doing fine, @cater.  Thanks, and I hope you're well.❤️  Sweet of you to give your cousins the teapots.   I think it's nice that we can love those pretty collectibles for our time...  and then we pass them forward to new homes and they become a part of new traditions.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Mick you are so right about me. I have started to paint a room at 11pm and painted all night, decorated a tree , even washed my big 12ft. picture window at 2am my sister was coming home from her son's home and caught me with my spotlight on and I was hanging out the window  she about had a fit  in the drive way. I am your other long lost sister. Heck there was a time I would wash my car at midnight. Someof this crazy stuff I had to give up when my legs decided they are in charge of what I can do and can't do and so far now they are the boss of my life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cater OMG!  You are a long lost sister.....hilarious!  I think I've out grown my craziness....I used to call my crazy sis when she was getting ready for work ....I am on the west coast.....2 and 3 am....I  grew out of that...... You are hanging out of windows....I know you love your clean windows......biggest laugh of the night!!!!!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@ShowMe and friends good night and see you all tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

Sweet dreams, @MickD and all who are off for the night.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hope
@MickD wrote:

@ShowMe and friends good night and see you all tomorrow!

Believe I am going to have to do the same.  Am getting sleepy now.......  In my jamies and all I need to do is brush my teeth.  Then crawl under the covers and say my prayers. 

Hope someone will keep this going......if not, we will find the thread in the morning.

Sleep well everyone.  See you in the morrow.....

Esteemed Contributor

Nine facts you never knew about St. Patrick’s Day 

Hope you all enjoy the day!  I'll be dedicating some space for women in my thread on Women's History Month!

1. St. Patrick was not Irish. He was from Wales.

2. The humble shamrock was originally a teaching tool. St. Patrick is said to have used the three-leaved plant to explain the Holy Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) to the pagan Irish.

3 The first St. Patrick’s Day parade took place in New York in the 1760s.

4. For many years, blue was the color most often associated with St. Patrick. Green was considered unlucky. St. Patrick’s blue was considered symbolic of Ireland for many centuries and the Irish Presidential Standard is still blue.

5. For many years, Dripsey in County Cork had the world’s shortest parade, just 77 feet, the distance between two pubs – The Weigh Inn and The Lee Valley. Currently, the town of Hot Springs, Arizona, claims to have the shortest parade – a 98-foot route on Bridge Street. Recent participants included the Irish Elvises and the San Diego Chicken.

6. In 2010, the Sydney Opera House went green to mark the 200th anniversary of St. Patrick’s Day there. In Sydney, St Patrick’s Day was first marked in 1810, when Lachlan Macquarie, the Governor of New South Wales, provided entertainment for Irish convict workers.

7. In Chicago every year, the Plumbers Local 110 union dyes the river “Kelly” green. The dye lasts for about five hours.

8. Traditionally, every year, the Irish leader hands a crystal bowl full of shamrock to the US President. The shamrock, grown in Kerry, is immediately destroyed by the Secret Service after the exchange.

9. Guinness sales soar on St. Patrick’s Day. Recent figures show that 5.5 million pints of the black stuff are downed around the world every day. On St. Patrick’s Day that figure is doubled.

http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/top-ten-facts-you-never-knew-about-st-patricks-day-140846663-23743...

*Call Tyrone*