Honored Contributor

Re: Guessing Where This Goes, But Here Goes!

@SaRina  You made me smile!  I like your sense of humor.  See, there's a bright side to everything!

I don't mind paying for things.  I just get upset when the rules are not right up front.

Many of you don't realize there are a lot of people like me out in QVC land (and they count on it) who don't sit and go on the computer and read pages of how the rules have changed.

It wouldn't hurt them to take a few minutes to even put up on the screen every now and then how the shipping charges have changed.  You and I both know why they don't.

This is really a case of 'let the buyer beware'.  I feel like I'm being 'taken'.  That's OK, I have a lot of those plastic bags.  I just might take a picture and post them so you guys have a tiny idea of how much stuff/junk I buy from them.  I just think it was cheap of them not to at least pretend that they care that I was upset about this tiny thing.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  You don't know me and I don't know you.  Many over on the TV and movies where I post (I think) would be willing to tell you that over there (at least) I am seldom rude to anyone.

It was her tone of voice that was rude.  I think by now at my age I know when someone was being rude.  I was not rude.  I have a lot of 'problems' rudness is not one of them.

Maybe it was rude for me to tell her the QVC bags work well for cat litter but then again perhaps that might fall under "things you didn't know but now you do .....or.....how to save money....or (insert meaning).

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@SaRina  You made me smile!  I like your sense of humor.  See, there's a bright side to everything!

I don't mind paying for things.  I just get upset when the rules are not right up front.

Many of you don't realize there are a lot of people like me out in QVC land (and they count on it) who don't sit and go on the computer and read pages of how the rules have changed.

It wouldn't hurt them to take a few minutes to even put up on the screen every now and then how the shipping charges have changed.  You and I both know why they don't.

This is really a case of 'let the buyer beware'.  I feel like I'm being 'taken'.  That's OK, I have a lot of those plastic bags.  I just might take a picture and post them so you guys have a tiny idea of how much stuff/junk I buy from them.  I just think it was cheap of them not to at least pretend that they care that I was upset about this tiny thing.

Your complaint/rant is much ado about NOTHING. You weren't "taken." Maybe you should stop buying junk. There was nothing "cheap" that QVC did. If you can't AFFORD minimal shipping charges, shop at places that have free shipping.

Contributor

Dear Annabellethecat:  It seems that you and may I have similar physical issues.  Additionally, I rarely purchase anything from the Q anymore and it's been that way for many years now.  If I find something that I see on the Q and I want to purchase it, I research various other sites and find it with free shipping and many times, for a lot less $.   Between not being able to get out to the stores much anymore, this seems to work best for me.  I don't know if this advice is helpful to you, but I hope that it is.  I wish you well.  Good luck to you, Annabelle.Smiley Happy

~Rory

Honored Contributor

When the shipping charge changes were made, there was plenty of notification and I would find it ridiculous for the hosts to keep saying there is a shipping charge for each item.  I am smart enough to realize that.  I have never heard them state there is reduced shipping the more you buy of the same item since the changes.  They point out any free shipping items.  The CS person did point out that before the changes the shipping would have been $13 and not $9 even with the  half price shipping.  I know I now save so much in shipping that even if I do have to return an item or so I am still way ahead.

Honored Contributor

I can't put this in Suggestions because QVC doesn't care, obviously. Maybe it's still there, don't see it.  "What QVC did Wrong".

I just opened some packages I received from QVC.  Item A51240 sweat shirt.  I ordered them all at the same time, same size, just different colors.  QVC Customer Service verified this.

I got charged for the 2 that came in one package $6.00 and the one that came in a separate package $3.00 (I have no idea why they divided them up, but anyway).

I called QVC and said, I have heard (and it was said recently) "order them at the same time and you save on shipping".  I know I have heard it, someone needs to tell the hosts not to say that.

So I called Customer Service and said, "I've been a QVC customer for many years".  She says, "Yes, you have".  I said, "Do you also see all of the useless stuff I've bought and very little sent back"?  I just give it away to friends. They are happy and I don't mind (I was just reminding QVC that I don't abuse the system).

There was a time when I called QVC about something like this (it's very little money, but I do feel cheated) and they'd say, "We'll refund the $3".  It would mean at least they were interested.  She became indignant and started telling me that based on the 'old system' this would have cost me a few pennies less than  $13.

Now QVC does not pay what we pay for shipping, so for her to say that makes me want to spit.  I recognized the voice and I've spoken to her before.  With her it seems like it depends on which way the wind is blowing on how she approaches you on the phone.  

Incidentally, she is the one who helped me with my mattress fiasco.  She was not all sweetie pie, but took care of the problem and was nice about it.  Like I said, 'Maybe the wind was blowing in my favor that day'!

I was wondering if this has happened to any of you?

Please don't come on here and start preaching to me about how QVC has let customers know and bla bla.  I've let this go before but this is stupid.

I can't go out shopping.  I can hardly walk these days, but I've always relied on Home Shopping.

From now on I'll do what others have done.  I will think very carefully before I order from QVC because it seems like they just don't care anymore.

It's only $3 or actually $6 (I paid $9) but it's the entire senario as far as I'm concerned.

It's about Customer Service.  I'm just venting.

If you can't get out to shop locally, why do you feel the Q is your only option to shop mail order?? I only shop on-line in places that give me free shipping. And there are TONS! There's absolutely no need to ever pay shipping prices now-a-days! Everyone is competing with the other guy out there and we, the consumer, are reaping the benefits! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

back in february 2015 this was all a part of their new shipping features. they reduced the shipping on fashions and jewelry but took away the reduced price shipping on fashions when you bought 2 or more items......and no more refund of original shipping if you returned an item.

Sorry, OP, but this is sad but true.I'm afraid you had a bad customer service rep that day, and I don't like that they separated your shirts.

But the shipping policy mentioned above is accurate.

We all have to be VERY careful these days with what we purchase and how we are charged for shipping, and returning things.

They will always come out on top, sadly.

Perhaps you would do better with one of the other shopping channels.

P.S. However, you DID receive some very nice sweatshirts that you will enjoy all winter. Glad you could purchase three! I have the orange one and I live in it is so comfortable. Also, it washes beautifully!

So in spite of what happened, you will enjoy them for many years and get the dollars worth wear out of them. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Sorry, OP, but if I were the C/S rep and you said this to me, I might be less pleasant than I started out to be.  After all, this is my employer you're talking about:

"I said, "Do you also see all of the useless stuff I've bought and very little sent back"? I just give it away to friends. 

Respected Contributor

This subject come up often.   I'm not sure how you could have ever missed it with the amount of time you spend on here.

If people want prime shipping, go to Amazon.   Even that's not totally free $99 a year and not everything is included.   It pays for it's self in my case.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

You said her tone was rude. I am sure yours was also. Not many want to help somebody who prefaces with "I am a good customer" and "do you know how many useless things I ...." that is not the way to make people warm and fuzzy.

The old adage of getting more flies with honey.

Also, you were wrong about the policy and many here corrected you..it changed almost a year ago.  You didn't by chance call back and apologize did you?

You can be the worlds biggest spender - but when you are wrong you are wrong and she did nothing wrong..so she didn't offer to refund you money you did not deserve..

As for the rules - it is up to the customer to be informed - and I don't even order - I ordered one item in five years but I do read threads..the subject of S&H has been beat to death and it was added many times that with the $3 S&H - it was across the board no reduction for multiple items..

Sometimes I think we need to shelve the know-it-all attitude and put ourselves in their shoes once. How many want to answer the phone and go out of their way to refund money to somebody who was in the wrong but started the convo snippy...and you can back peddle all you want now - now that it was pointed out to you that you were indeed wrong, you are backpeddling. Trying to clarify the conversation to turn it around that she was wrong..

Since you have money to burn and throw away on useless items to give away..then why would they give you three bucks you didn't deserve?