Honored Contributor

We went to visit an old friend we both knew in HS today. He is in his early 60's - we haven't seen him for a year. OMG - he grew old over the last year. He is hardly able to move - shuffles instead of walks and his hands are even very slow. His speech is slow as well but he seems to be alert and oriented. He just radically changed in just a year. We asked him how he was doing and he told us he has Parkinson's disease. Wow - it seems it really hit him quickly as last summer he looked perfectly normal for a man his age - this year he looks like he is in his 80's. I can't get over it - I can't get him off my mind. We are heartbroken to see our old pal doing so poorly. My DH was really shaken by this and said "I hope he is still here when we come home next summer" This guy was the picture of great health too - thin - strong - athletic.He was without a doubt the handsomest man I have ever known - and everyone ha always teased him about that - not so much anymore. Growing old is definately not for the weak.