Honored Contributor

Image result for groundhog day memes believe a rodent

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

We haven't really had a winter yet so if there are 6 more weeks of it, it better start soon!

I couldn't agree more.  Temperatures in the 50's, barely a snowflake to be seen -- not the winters of yesteryear.  I hope the next six weeks are cold enough to be worthy of the word "winter"!  

Respected Contributor

I stand corrected-sorry: I had barely finished my first cup of coffee when I posted. 

I couldn't get over that there were no other posts about this important day!  What has America become people that we have forgotten such important days!

I must get a Hallmark Calendar so I can keep track of these things.

Heaven forbid we should forget about the importance of things like "National Cookie Day", " National Chocolate Day"- and my favorite-"National Oatmeal Day"

Aside from all that, I had no idea that other states employ these critters: who knew?

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Staten Island Chuck did see his shadow, yea Chuck !!💐🌺🌻

@QVCkitty1  Here in Ohio we have Buckeye Chuck!  Our furry friend also saw his shadow and predicted 6 more weeks of winter.  I can't even remember a winter where we had a spring starting that soon in NE Ohio......we're lucky if it starts in April!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Meanwhile, here in Georgia, our very own furry forecaster "General Lee," also known as Beau, predicted an early spring. He did not see his shadow at the Yellow River Game Ranch in Gwinnett County. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I don't listen to what a rodent says about the weather, I go by what the calendar says.

The first day of spring is on March 20, which is (surprise, surprise!) SIX WEEKS from today.

How about that?

And I didn't even need to yank a rodent out of its hole in the ground to tell me that.

Super Contributor

This is so weird. I could swear that I read this exact same thread yesterday. And the day before. And the day before that! 

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@151949  I'm laughing out loud here!  And they poke him with sticks to wake him up.  I'm calling it cruelty to animals!  Groundhogs Unite!

This fatboy Phil bit that guy who holds him up last year!!!!!  Again, I laughed out loud.

Let sleeping groundhogs lie!

And oh by the way side note - look at the calendar, 6 weeks until the SPRING EQUINOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Buckeye Chuck didn't see his shadow either - cloudy than well, you know.