Honored Contributor

Didn't know how to react when my BIL said he washes his sheets every 3 or 4 months.  Later I asked my DH and he didn't find it strange.  All I know is that on Saturday morning the bedding gets washed at our house.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

Things happen to people mentally and physically that it might not be possible to wash everything the way it should be without help.

So even if it is gross there may be a reason. Smiley Sad

Do you really think @goldensrbest was talking about a situation like that, though?

I don't........I think everyone is aware that things change and must be adjusted when there are medical issues!

Thank you ,i was speaking of a normal person,just lazy.

@goldensrbest I see. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Months is long to go without washing bedding. I do bedding once a week, but I have already done them late as in in 10 days if my backs bugging me and DH is busy working OT to help. I also hang them outside to dry in warm weather. Nothing like smelling fresh air dried sheets on the bed IMO.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

For those who wear pajamas to bed, weekly or a bit more seems reasonable. For those of us who sleep sans clothing, I opt for three days between changing the bed linen.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing like a long hot bath, soap and water, then stepping into a crisp laundered pure cotton gown.....   Woman Happy!

Clean hair, squeaky clean facial cleanse, yes clean sheets about every 7-9 days. Woman Wink....

Honored Contributor

When I grew up it was my job to change the sheets every Saturday on six beds.  We did not have fitted sheets and had to use flat sheets for the bottom.  I learned to do tight square corners.  Our sheets were crisp cotton percal and they were always hung on the line to dry.

Now I change my sheets at least once a week and sometimes more often especially in the summertime.  My dogs sleep on my bed with me and I keep a clean sheet on top of the bedding for them.  That flat sheet gets washed a few times a week.  I don't like to sleep with dog hair on my bed. That sheet also keeps my quilt and blanket clean.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

He's obsessive next to people on the Hoarders!!! Washing a sheet is something they would never think about. One of the hoarders had lost her dentures for five years in the hoard. When the Cleaners found it, she immediately put them in her mouth w/o washing or anything. Now that has to be the most gross thing on the face of the earth.

😵 😱

Honored Contributor

Clean sheets every week--pillowcases sometimes sooner.

Clean pajamas/nightgown--never wear them twice.

Shower at night to remove makeup, and shave legs-- a longer shower in morning to wash hair.

No pets allowed in bedroom.

Esteemed Contributor

I change sheets every Saturday......more often if someone is sick.

Guests ALWAYS get fresh sheets...

Super Contributor

Nice to know how disgusting I am, LOL.   I shower every other day, unless I've worked up a sweat exercising or working in the yard.  And I only wash the sheets once a week. The pillow cases get washed more often.

Would it gross you all out if I said that I once didn't wash my sheets for over a month?  Granted, I was traveling and was not home to sleep in my bed ...

Now, a teenage boy ... I can think if a couple of reasons why washing their sheets is more important. I'd never sleep in a teenage boys bed unless I washed all of their bedding on the sanitary cycle. At least twice.  Cat SurprisedCat Wink