Respected Contributor

Greige...reminds me of another color chameleon.

Greige,  how about Breen?  Does anyone remember it from the late 90's??? I bought a silk scarf that I thought was brown.  When I wore it to the office with fluorescent lights overhead, it appeared to be avocado.  Amazing how lighting could change the color: brown vs. green, or Breen !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: Greige...reminds me of another color chameleon.

I don't recall 'Breen', but Greige is better than straight grey or beige, sometimes, depending on the shade(s).  If you just made up the word 'Breen', it's very spot on!  I like it! Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Romary,  can't take credit for making up "Breen" --- I vaguely recall seeing on a tag or a box of clothing somewhere!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

'Breen':

A color Gary (Denim and Co.) would have a 'hey-day' with, if we aren't careful............lol.   Mummm's the word. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I just painted our kitchen Lindquist Gallery Beige, or something like that.  I see no beige whatsoever.  To my eye it's grey all the way; however, in certain light and at certain angles, I can see a hint of green as well.  Our granite is called steel grey, but, again, in certain light and at certain angles, it takes on a blue cast.  

Needless to say, we're having a tough time getting colors right on this project.  The floor will be our last installation, and I am praying it pulls it all together.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I've never heard of Breen.

There is a thread in Beauty on greige.  I love wearing greige nail polish in the Fall/Winter. 

Bobbie Brown has a new greige eye shadow palette.  It's gorgeous.