Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I ordered pet food and a few other items from Walmart and they were scheduled to come on Tues.   the day of the big snowstorm. I certainly didn't expect them  because of the horrible weather. The order came on Thursday, and all was well. Today I received a 10.00 gift card ( 5.00 for each order) to make up for my inconvenience. I've been using their 2 day delivery, with a 35.00 purchase, and free shipping, so I don't have to schlep the heavy bags. I'm very pleased.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I ordered pet food and a few other items from Walmart and they were scheduled to come on Tues.   the day of the big snowstorm. I certainly didn't expect them  because of the horrible weather. The order came on Thursday, and all was well. Today I received a 10.00 gift card ( 5.00 for each order) to make up for my inconvenience. I've been using their 2 day delivery, with a 35.00 purchase, and free shipping, so I don't have to schlep the heavy bags. I'm very pleased.

I love Walmart's 2 day service, it's so convenient and I agree with the heavy purchases. I ordered a closet organizer and it was delivered right to my door. Woman Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 ~ I wanted to do the same for exactly the same reason.  My order came to $70+ and they were charging me almost as much for shipping to AK...the 2 day shipping is free BUT

theyre charging fees to ship, which are stupid ridiculous😤  I tried to order from Chewy dot com, but they don't ship to AK😤😤.  You'd think Alaska was a different country!  Glad to hear they offered you $10 gift card for inconvenience (which wasn't their fault).

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1

Thanks for posting this experience.  I have yet to order from them, but I am checking ratings on their website on occasion, and it is only a matter of time before I hit the "place your order" button.

They sure have a lot of variety.  I find that some Wal-Mart stores are poorly stocked and I almost always leave without one or more items that were on my shopping list.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Great Customer Service

[ Edited ]

The last couple of weeks, I was home - in pain - dealing with diverticulitis. After a few days of not eating, I was craving chocolate. I went to walmart dot com and ordered the large box of 30 full-size chocolate bars, ie, snickers, twix, etc. I also ordered the BIG book of crossword puzzles, large print. I received both the following day.

Then I ordered a new shower nozzle with shower valve (one pack) and a grab bar. Received today (2 days). Amazing Service from Walmart!!!!!

I'll be going to the tile store tomorrow to pick out tile to put in my shower stall enclosure --- thus, the new shower nozzle and grab bar. Their tile installer came out yesterday to measure. My house is almost 16 yrs new -- and I definitely need to update the shower stall. A few weeks ago, I had trouble opening the shower door - as it hit the metal bottom of the enclosure. After slamming the glass door many times, it came off the hinges. This is what started me deciding to tile the enclosure. Then, I'll get the "new" frameless shower door. 

Honored Contributor

One important thing to mention is that if the item you're ordering is from an outside vendor then the delivery will be more than two days but still free shipping over $35 

Esteemed Contributor

I've had good experiences with Walmart's delivery. I also like being able to order things and picking them up at customer service. 

Respected Contributor

I've been ordering from WM.com for years, but they've recently started doing something very annoying that you might want to know about.

First, they were always squirrelly about forcing me to come to the store to pick up certain items, usually stuff in the store. The cat litter is indicated as pickup only, but not stuff like alcohol-free toner, which is not an ORM-D and should have shipped. That ticks me off.

Worse, and what to be aware of, the two items held for pickup had big stickers with strong adhesive slapped on them with my  name and other info. When I got them off, one took printing on the bottle with it. A pair of garden shears I ordered had the same label on it even though it was shipped, and the label obscured care instructions on the paper board, which came off when I removed the sticker. Not a way to reward a repeat customer, or keep her buying.

AFAIC, they have no right to plaster stuff on something I own, which is what they're doing. I'd never buy a gift from them because I just can't count on them not ruining it. I wrote to them about it but never heard back.

Honored Contributor

Walmart delivery takes great care in packaging and I've received everything unscathed. I've ordered neutrogena facial cleanser and toner all wrapped securely. I ordered body wash and bath soak and nothing was broken. They do put strong tape across the bottles so that no leaking occurs, I really like their thoughtfulness in shipping.

Honored Contributor

Im loving Walmart newish grocery shopping service.  Every two weeks I enter my order, tell them when I want to pick it up, leave my house at the appointed time and in less than 30 minutes, I'm back home with all my groceries and I haven't lifted a finger.  They pick out the nicest produce and meat for the shopping service customers.  I've been super pleased. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment