Honored Contributor

Just reading on line, what do your  grandkids call you?  I have no g.c. so it doesn't apply to me.

What do the little ones call you?  ours were always grandma or grandpa.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no grandkids yet. My kids call their grandparents Nana

and Pop.

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal  My parents said my sisters and I always got very excited when we heard our grandparents were coming and we would yell, "Bompies are coming" Have no idea why we called them that but we did from a very young age on.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Just reading on line, what do your  grandkids call you?  I have no g.c. so it doesn't apply to me.

What do the little ones call you?  ours were always grandma or grandpa.

@qualitygal    I always called my grandmothers Grandma.  My grandfather preferred to be called OC...his initials.  When my first granddaughter came along....she refused to call me grandma.  She saw a picture of me and said "That's GiGi".   The name stuck and that's what all the girls call me.  I love it.  🥰

Honored Contributor

My 3 grandchildren call us Mimi and Grandpa.

We alwasy called our grandparents-well my mom's parents were Nana and Papa, and my dads parents were Gran and Gramps!

Esteemed Contributor

All my nieces called my mother "Nonna".   But when they were little they could not pronounce grandma so they called their other grandmother " Guma Gum".... that evolved into Gummy.  Now everyone in the family calls her Gummy.  

Honored Contributor

My grandkids call me Grams.

One of my mother strict rules were to call my grandparents Grandpa & Grandma by their last names, examples Grandpa Smith and Grandpa Jones.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Re: Grandparent's names

[ Edited ]

My one and only grandchild has called me Gigi from day one, and guess what?  He is almost 20 now and STILL calls me Gigi!   He came to live with me a few months ago to help me after a surgery I had,  and it is great to have him around ---- he can FIX things!  

It is fun to compare how he is the same or different from his Dad, who is my only child.

Respected Contributor

Grandma and Poppa.

Honored Contributor

Re: Grandparent's names

[ Edited ]

We called one grandmother NanNan and the other MoMo. Grandpa was PoPo. My mom's dad died before she was married. Probably more old fashioned nicknames? They lived with us. We also had an aunt who lived with us and her nickname was DeeDee. My sister and other women I know are called Mimi today. That seems fairly common around here (KY).