Honored Contributor

Grandchildren Talk and Sharing Stories💜💚💙❤️❤

Hi!

I thought some of us might be interested in a place here on the boards where we could share cute little stories about our grandchildren! 

They do and say the most interesting and adorable situations! 😊

Please share here if you would like to!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Grandchildren Talk and Sharing Stories💜💚💙❤️❤

I sent my grandkids, ages 5 & 6, Cheryl's cookies for St. Patrick's Day.  While  my grandson was eating one of them he asked his Dad who made them.  My son replied Cheryl.  Grandson said, "I really like Cheryl!"  Made me laugh!

Honored Contributor

My GS was around 12 yrs at the time.....

I was driving to the store, GS sitting next to me.  All the windows were closed.  It was a little crisp outside. 

GS:  "NaNa I'm hot!

Me:  "Roll the windows down."

GS:  "How?????"

My car has window handles which GS has never seen much less how to use.

=========

Same age...

Another time, I was stopped in the left hand turning lane w/signal on.  A car full of "babies" under 2 hit the front of my car. 

The impact knocked the pizza off of my GS lap.  

Me:  "Are you ok???

GS:  "yes but the pizza isn't."

Me:  What????

GS pointed to the floor.  The frontal impact somehow opened the pizza box causing the pizza to fall on my car floor upside down!

I was outside my car looking at my damages when the cops came.

As the cops walked to my car on the passenger side, hand on holster my son raised his hands & hollored "NaNa help, I'm being arrested!!!!!"

The OP ins co paid 100% for my damages.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

My youngest daughter sent my grandson (her older sister's youngest son) a long cape (Superman cape).  He slept with that cape and the only time he took it off was when he took a bath (she took it off after he fell asleep).

Anyway, he wore it to pre-school and suddenly all of the children (boys and girls) started wearing some kind of cape.

A few days later a letter went out to the parents from the teacher saying (paraphrasing), "Please don't allow your child to wear his or her cape to school anymore.  We've had several 'incidents' where the children have wanted to wear another's cape, because the capes tend to turn, they've turned into 'napkins' (please note the spilt milk, peanut butter  and jelly, etc), but the main reason is because little Billy (while climbing through the jungle jim) got his cape stuck and it took two of us to free Billy and the cape.    As you can imagine everyone was crying (for Billy because he was crying).  It took the rest of the class time to calm everyone down."

So, now my grandson wears the thing at home, to the store, you name it.  This has gone on for one month so far.....does anyone know what the life span of a cheap nylon cape is?  Please say 'not long' as I will pass it on to my daughter.

Class pictures are happening soon and he wants to wear it........

Respected Contributor

When my grandson was about four we stopped to shop at Bath & Body Works. We were all looking at the various products and I asked my grandson what he was looking at and he said "I'm looking at the hanitizer!"  (hand sanitizer).  I actually think hanitizer is a pretty good name for it!

Honored Contributor

I just thought of something funny (I promise this is the last one....for now)...Heh!  Heh!

The other day I was watching this grandson (he's 4) and he said "Grandma, I want one of those magic outfits like that lady wore in that movie where everyone was cold and it was a lot of snow.  That dress she had on was magic and she could do magic things when she wore it!

He's talking about the movie Frozen.  We were all visiting my other daughter at Christmas and she has 3 daughters.  We were all together and downstairs comes my grandson wearing the Frozen dress waving a wand.  He said, "I'm turning everyone into a frozen snowman".

My daughter (his Mom) said, "OK people don't get any ideas...he thinks the dress is magic and to him it isn't any different than his Batman or Superman outfit".

It was so funny and cute.  It makes us remember how wonderfully unjudgmental and sweet children are.  They tend to see things for what they are (a pretty garment with special powers).  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 thanks for this fun thread! 

My GD is 5 (going on 55😉) she loves school & to play school.

We Skype everyday & most the time she wants me to play school.

Its so funny because she tells me I need to sit at a certain table, fold my hands, listen & if I need to talk raise my hand.

This is the funniest thing ever: as the teacher she is picking "helpers" and by the letter of your 1st name. She said "The helpers names start with g and m. "

I said " hmmm maybe I'll be a helper next time"

Imagine this, hand on hip "grandmom  this is why you won't go to 1st grade you have to know the letter of your first name! "

Hilarious "Grandmom starts with G!"

I still laugh about this. She & her dad are coming for 10 days next week I can't wait....I better start shaping up before she gets here! Lol 

Trusted Contributor

We take our 2 grandchildren, Madison is 9, and McKay is 11 to the movies every week or two . We went to see the Lago Batman movie. We we letting the kids pick out a candy. I asked my hubby if he wanted anything and he said no. Well gd pipes up "well PA you have your teeth in".

Trusted Contributor

My daughter and I secretly set up a fairy garden for my then 5 yr. old GD.  We put out all kinds of miniatures from garden tools, benches, a lamp post, bridge, table and chairs and a little stone path that led to the little fairy door that we nailed to the trunk of a tree.  When my GD discovered the magical garden, she was so excited and immediately called me.  She said, "Gramma!  You are not going to believe it!  A fairy moved into our yard!  I knocked on the door, but no one came out!"

:-)

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I asked my hubby if he wanted anything and he said no. Well gd pipes up "well PA you have your teeth in".

@sweetee2

837514213.gif837514213.gif837514213.gif837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif