Esteemed Contributor

Now I've heard everything.

Let me first say I do enjoy lighter topics here - recipes, beauty and fashion, etc.

But when it comes to compelling issues of the day, one might hope that the backdrop of a fountain is not one of them.

If you are sick of news emphasis on candidates and upcoming debates, you better buckle up - there's so much more to come.  It is big news, along with many other topics.  When you are on overload, shut off your TV or switch the channel to a lighter topic.

NBC's Lester Holt has been broadcasting from Hungary for the past two nights and bless him for this.  Now this is a very big problem.  And viewing the horrible destruction of wildfires in the west, so many now homeless, now this is a very big problem.

Maybe the OP should contact NBC and Lester Holt to report on the "fountain perception problem."  

Regular Contributor

I don't think it's a shot at CNN by OP.  I believe she's talking about the perception of water being wasted.  Not everyone knows about reclaimed water; they just see a fountain flowing.  JMHO

Betty

Regular Contributor

So who's reaching for the negative implication of OP statement?  Those offended by a supposed cheap shot at CNN/CA?  You can always find a negative if you look hard enough I guess.  Betty

Honored Contributor

Here's an idea: CNN is (can't use the word I will be blocked) the debates the same way the Q is going on and on about their credit card.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of it's political nature

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

It probably is recirculating HOWEVER the perception is the water is being wasted no matter the truth.  I think it is in poor taste to show it.  

This is such a sad indictment of people.

It certainly is.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

@betty423 wrote:

I don't think it's a shot at CNN by OP.  I believe she's talking about the perception of water being wasted.  Not everyone knows about reclaimed water; they just see a fountain flowing.  JMHO

Betty

But most people know that most fountains re-circulate the water.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I'm willing to bet that 99.99% of the people across the country/world watching CNN will not think twice about or even notice the fountain in the background.

BINGO!  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

You'd think most of the world was watching and upset over the fountain from the way some people talk.

And!  That none of those people knew about recycling fountains in America, thusly concluding there was no drought or that Californians were unconcerned about their plight.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Reclaimed water or not, it seems really insensitive to what many are going through.  I am sure there are other lovely places that could have been used.

Insensitive?

Since when is that an important issue with you???

People who actually LIVE in CA, the ones you feel might be offended, know a recycled water fountain when they see one.

This is a non-issue, IMO.