Super Contributor

CNN is going in full press mode  promoting the debate on Wed.   It's wall to wall Trump or debate.

But, what makes me laugh is all the anchors on site in Simi Valley, CA are situated in front of this big fountain spewing water everywhere.    In CA, a state with terrible drought issues (where my friends can't even water their lawn or keep up their landscaping) CNN makes its backdrop this flowing fountain of wasted water.

I think they should do a story on how the State allows fountains to flow and use water needlessly.

It just made me laugh watching their remotes from CA.  

Honored Contributor

Reclaimed water is totally acceptable in fountains and for use in watering plants.  It's water that isn't good enough for showers or ingesting.  It's being given away.  Nothing wrong with that, especially since it's also recycled over and over in fountains.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@SF Girl wrote:

CNN is going in full press mode  promoting the debate on Wed.   It's wall to wall Trump or debate.

But, what makes me laugh is all the anchors on site in Simi Valley, CA are situated in front of this big fountain spewing water everywhere.    In CA, a state with terrible drought issues (where my friends can't even water their lawn or keep up their landscaping) CNN makes its backdrop this flowing fountain of wasted water.

I think they should do a story on how the State allows fountains to flow and use water needlessly.

It just made me laugh watching their remotes from CA.  

Hummm.... I just always assumed those were re-circulating fountains.

Not so?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Hi Drythe, it not only recirculates, by law apparently, it's reclaimed sewage water used for commercial use.  Perfectly acceptable to use in fountains.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

It probably is recirculating HOWEVER the perception is the water is being wasted no matter the truth.  I think it is in poor taste to show it.  

Honored Contributor

Is this some kind of a weird shot at CNN???

There is nothing wrong with fountains that use reclaimed, circulating water.

Honored Contributor

I think their countdown clock is idiotic.

Honored Contributor

Reclaimed or not, I do think the OP is correct about the "visual."  CNN should have just chosen something else as the backdrop, with the water shortage going on.

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

It appears that way, terrier3.

Silly isn't it ?

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

It appears that way, terrier3.

Silly isn't it ?

And petty.